Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Quick update!
Work has been insane hence the reason for my neglect.  But while I'm faxing media alerts for the New York Marathon I decided to update-ish.
Music time again!
I've been in a wicked The Academy Is mood as of late.  Not sure why.  I'm finally warming up the new album after hearing a live acoustic version of "The Test" on William Becketts blog I kind of gave the album another chance.  It's so good.  I'm really tempted to see then Nov 12 at the Roxy in Boston but I'm trying to hard to save money so - maybe next time :)  Caitlin and I saw them last November and they were AMAZING.  I was so impressed.  I thought William would be totally cocky and assey on stage much like other emo band singers but he was so charismatic and sweet.  IF he ONLY wasn't so damn skinny.

Anyways!  Been doing alot of listening to bands that begin with a C! LOL random.  Coldplay was JUST not close enough to make the cut.

Speaking of Coldplay I adored them on SNL last week and also adored their host!  I am in love with Jon Hamm.  Seriously.  Jon Hamm's John Ham.  Genious.  Why was I the only one who thought it was funny!  And the Mad Men sketch combined with one of my favorite sketches EVER - Two A-Hole's was just amazing.  Now all I need is Amy Poelher to bring the "Rick and Kaitlin" sketch back and I'll be happy.  We can find a new Rick!  Oh and Kristen Wiig needs to get on a new Tareeeget lady speech.  Am I the only one who sings "approved" when my debit card goes through?

Anywhosit.  Two A-Holes!
BIG NEWS!  It seems that EVERYONE has the moving bug these days so I decided to take the initiative and move out of my mom's house.  Yes I live in my mom's house currently.  Which whatever I don't care - but I need my own space.  Badly.  Hillary and John are pretty much gone (helping them move a ton tonight), Robyn called me from her new *and first time away from mom* apt and Pat is currently playing Bert and Ernie with his roomie as they do over their new place.

Well I'm going to check out two places this and next week.  One is in Weymouth near the Cameo I believe, and the other is in Abington near the Depot (GREGG!!!) and Target.  They are only like $20 bucks different and the realtor told me the one in Weymouth has a walk in closet.  Umm DO WANT.  I'm checking out the one in Abington Friday morning after my dentist appt and the Weymouth one probably next week.  So exciting.  Just the thought of getting to move out gets me so excited.  Yeah the bills and rent are going to suck but I think of all the unnecessary shit I buy during a month and it's crazy.  I can do it.  I haz become adult?

ALso Friday is Halloween and Lydia & Crew's Big bash.  So exciting.  I can't wait.  I don't have a costume yet sadly but I'm hoping something will come to me. I wore an angels halo at Missy and Nat's party but I feel like I might have to bring out the big guns at Lyd's place.  Hillary and John are going as Hillary and Bill (Clinton duh).  Hillary already tried out the Hillary mask this weekend at Missy's and I will tell you it's frightening.  It's like I am really with Hillary Clinton.

xok

9 comments:

patrick said...

Oh fake Joan Holloway, how art thou? Silver Fox, and a Gimlet.

Kristen said...

I love the Silver Fox. Ever since he wanted to pee on Carrie Bradshaw on Sex and the City I've been in love.

jessica maria said...

Who didn't like Jon Hamm's John Ham?! That skit is SO AMAZING and gross and AMAZING! :)

Kristen said...

My friends I was watching with could not understand why I was laughing so hard. It was just so genious! He's all distinguished and sophisticated and he's talking about ham in a john. Genious.
I really think that was the best show in a while! And you got to to breathe the same air as John Slattery.

patrick said...

He wanted to pee on Carrie Bradshaw? Find me that clip, pronto. It can be part of the Silver Fox trilogy.

patrick said...

http://www.anacondasnakegame.com/

Kristen said...

Ok that scared me. Fo realss.
And I am looking for that video of pee fetish Slattery.

Matt said...

Coldplay didnt make the cut??

wtf?

can I vote on this?

Kristen said...

Well they didn't make the cut as in they were like # 11 and I just pick the top 10! LOL But have so fear I think they'll be pretty high up on the list this week. I am crazy about the new album.