Thursday, October 23, 2008

How about that?
39 degrees out!!!!

Oh AND it snowed last night.  Hillary and I went to the Living Room for the Mad Men party and when we left it was SNOWING!  Hillary will say it was not snow (she's from CA and in denial every year that snow might not come).  SNOWING!  It's October?? Is this a bad sign?

The Mad Men party was pretty cool.  They played 60's music and played Mad Men on these big screens.  On one TV though they were playing the World Series (which people still seemed interested in after Sunday nights game - oy.  Go Phillies BTW.  Please make it a clean sweep).  

I drank some martinis which made me extra silly on our train ride back to Newton Center.  Because it was so cold we took the blue line to Government Center.  In my 26 years in Boston I NEVER have taken the Blue Line.  And when I rode it I realized why.  It's like the ugly step child of the T.  You walk down the ramp to the trains and time regresses back to 1976.  The trains are barely held together and smell like years and years of people peeing inside of them.  It doesn't go very far (I think it goes to Wonderland - which is not a place you want to be when the street lights go on).  On a normal day I would walk from GC to the Living Room but Blue Line seemed like a good idea.

When we got up to the GC platform there was a musician ( I use the term loosely ) playing his tunes.  He started with a rousing rendition of some tunes from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (creepy much) and then launched into "Singing in the Rain" which is pretty much my favorite movie/and song from a movie.  I decided to put a dollar in his hat and as I'm walking he reaches out to me and hands me a mint.  Now the question is:  Do I eat it or not?  This may never be answered but I'm keeping it.

Tuesday night my mom had a little birthday celebration for me which was very nice of her.  They bought lobsters, shrimp and lots of other fun stuff. We're such a Massachusetts family.  Seriously we have ate lobster on Christmas before.  My crazy Republican neighbor showed her face again and had to spew her republican thoughts.  I always say I won't fight with her but I end up saying something offensive.  My newest thing to say to Repubs is "Lucky for me your vote will never matter in Massachusetts!"  Mean?

My mom also surprised me with a Red Velvet cake!! OMG so good (I also had a piece as dinner after the Mad Men party last night).  Seriously who invented Red Velvet cake.  Are they married?  Cause I want to marry them.  

xok


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mad Men party sounds AWESOME! Dude, I want one of those. Like, every week.

RED VELVET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how freakin' good! and dude, i totally eat cake as dinner sometimes, whatevs. HA

Kristen said...

It was!! I was looking for a Don Draper but no luck :) It excited me to no end that so many guys really took the time to get dressed up and daper. So fun. There is a place also in Cambridge that plays Mad Men every Sunday. I bet you there is a place in New York like that! Everyone gets dressed up and fancy.

And Yes Red Velvet is amazing. Heavenly if you will. I want to try and make my own and see how it turns out. My cat kept trying to eat it when I put the plate down - so I had to take pictures lol! I'll post them later! You'll appreciate them!