Monday, October 06, 2008

Ugh Monday!

Thursday night Hillary, John and I watched the Vice Presidential Debate.  
One of my college friends welcomed me to the world of Palin Bingo!  So fun.  I was making my own list of Sarah Palin "buzz words" but Palin Bingo did it for me.  I did NOT win but I did enjoy some wine and some healthy arguments with John.  Even though I didn't win (Hillary did - for the record ) I had fun waiting for the buzz words.  Oh and we also drank lots of wine as you can see.

I do agree Sarah Palin did not fail.  But it irritates that are giving her so much praise for doing well - she did well because the bar was REAL low.  She was more personable but still condescending - much like her maverick John McCain.  I like Joe Biden because he stutters a little and often tries to push words out faster than they want to come out - much like myself.  SNL did a GREAT parody of the debates (complete with a Palin Bingo/drinking game shoutout).  


Friday my office mate begged me to go home at about 2:30 because I was still so sick.  But not sick that I couldn't work - she just didn't want to get sick. Understandably she has two little tykes!  So I went home - did a little more work and got ready to go out for Pat's birthday.  I got him lots of Office themed pieces - including Serenity by Jan candles.  SO awesome.  Hillary got him a pack of mustaches (EDIT: PHOTO HERE!).  I think that was the Hollywood.  After dinner he gave one to the parking attendant.  Pat only gets classier with age.



Soon Hillary, John, Pat, Gary and I headed into Boston to enjoy some asian faire at PF Changs.  Seriously so good.  We had a great time and realized the first time most of us bonded was at PF Changs in Vegas.  First time I realized I liked Gary was at PF Changs.  Long story short he got wasted and called a friend of a friend Beefcake.  It just fit so well and stuck.  After dinner the boys got little desserts.  Really little.
 
Cute and only two bucks!! I was done with food for the night so I just watched.
My fortune cookie also had a great message:

Hope it's true.

We went to leave and Pat thought he would do a cartwheel in the parking lot.  I missed the act of the cart but I got him paining after.  We all get old.



Saturday I spent the day cleaning.  I cleaned all day.  I washed tons of clothes, tons of sheets and made some bags for good will.  I have a confession to make and it kind of dawned on me while cleaning:  I really love the new New Kids album.  Honestly I thought it would be awful and I laughed at them making a new album.  It's good though.  Like really good. Totally my new cleaning and working out album.  Don't worry friends, I won't make any of you listen to it (unless you beg).

Robyn and I met up later to go see Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist, which was good.  I'll give it good.  The plot had a ton of holes,  too much Juno-ness (Michael Cera: PLEASE PLAY A NEW CHARACTER) and a really disappointing ending.  However all the New York ness of the movie and the character of Caroline, made up for it.  Seriously.  Caroline is my hero.  And she reminded me of Heather.  The music was also pretty amazing.  Really makes me wish I'd get back into discovering music.  In college I found new bands like every week and I feel like I just don't have the time anymore (this may be the reason for my New Kids explosion).  


Sunday was spent chillaxing and reflecting.  I bought some blank CD's. I know.  Very exciting. I had a dream my computer crashed and I lost all my amazing music.  So I took all my music off onto CD's.  So smart Kristen, I thought while smiling to myself.  I really want to buy the new iPod touch but I am resisting heavily.  Can't. Won't.

Watched DH where I got to see my love Gale Harold.  He dates Teri Hatcher's character which is disappointing but hey at least I get to see him every week.  Mad Men was incredible.  Pat and I both geeked over the return of the creepy boy next door.  Majorly creeped out by Betty's dad trying to grab her boob when he thought she was her mom.  Tried to stay up as late as possible to catch the rest of the Red Sox game but I could not.  We lost.  Sad.  My boss is going tonight. Jealous.

xok


2 comments:

patrick said...

Zing. My name was all over this bitch.

Kristen said...

I gave you some more birthday props. This time with pictures. Zing.