Monday, October 13, 2008

Why does the weekend go so fast?  Unfair.

Friday night Hill, John, Pat, Robyn I went to Margaritas on 3A.  So random and I always wonder why I don't go there more often.  When I got there I remembered.  The food is subpar (and expensive) and the margaritas are NOT good.  Misleading for a place named so.  But I had $10 dollars off because it's my bday month so I decided it would be a good idea.  Fast forward to getting home after the Sox game I realized I didn't even use the stupid coupon.
Went to Gary's house after to watch the game (WHICH WE WON!) and everyone learned about my weird habit of folding underwear.  It just fits in the drawer better sheesh.  After the game we watched a little of Knocked Up and then I decided I was tres tired and went home to sleep.

Saturday Hills and I went on a little shopping excursion and I will tell you we did alot better than I thought we would (as in we did really good not spending a million dollars). I got myself a gorgeous pair of shoes.
They don't look as cute on the website.  I'll take a picture when I wear them out tonight.  So cute and so comfortable.  I tried on another pair similar to these but they looked so elf-ish they got nixed.  We had to hit up Old Navy because the Old Navy in Dedham is seriously the best in the area.  I picked up a cute Fall dress (that I am hopefully going to adapt for the Mad Men party I'm going to - more on that later), and some other necessities.  Totally my fourth weekend in a row going shopping there.  So bad.

We went back to her house and made dinner and watched Made of Honor (ok kind of really cute) and Sex and the City (tears).  I think so matter how many times I see that movie I will cry everytime!  Then I went home to watch the game which I almost didn't make it through.  Ok Tampa Bay - I HATE their cowbells.  Seriously is that all you've got.  You can't get riled up for your crappy team any other way.  I guess I'm just spoiled being a Red Sox fan.  And they kept showing all of the people in TB napping and shit.  Seriously if that game was in Fenway we'd be rallying.  Man I really wish I was going to the game tonight.

Yesterday I decided to go for a walk at Castle Island.  I will admit that I hadn't gone there all summer (except for the time Robyn and I attempted to go in the Spring but it was too cold). Also that structure that was in the middle of the sugar bowl is not there anymore (the thing Donnie Wahlberg runs on top of in the movie Southie - yeah never understood how he got up there).  Yesterday was the PERFECT fall day.   Not too hot and not to cold and perfect for a walk in a hoodie.   It was TOO gorgeous there and obvs I had to take pictures:
 

Those picture defines what I love about Boston.  It's so exciting and pretty much the best city in the world but there are places like this also.  I had a nice walk while playing the plane game by myself.  Not as fun but whatever.  The plane game goes back to being a real little one playing at the playground there.  When you see the plane coming in (CI is RIGHT next to Logan Airport) everyone guesses what airline it is and whoever gets it right - is the winner lol.  We used to say who ever won would get to go first on the slide (or get the best swing).  We'll have to think of some new prizes.

I have some sort of birthday surprise coming to me tonight but I don't know what it is.  Hillary can't keep secrets but I told her NOT TO TELL ME.  I heart surprises.  Keep you posted.
xok

No comments: