Monday, October 20, 2008


Birthday Fun!  
I had a pretty great birthday weekend!  It started off with a really good friday.  Literally - the Red Sox showed us that they weren't ready to give up at 12:16 AM turning around the ACLS series (only to lose last night - Sunday - but at least they forced all seven game).  

My mom gave me my birthday present when I got home from work because she wouldn't be seeing me till my birthday was well over.  I had a really hard time figuring out what I wanted for my b-day.  I was going to ask for money for my future living space but I decided to go for my fall back present - perfume.  SO I got this guy!
Also came in a really cute Dior makeup bag and also a lotion and a body wash.  It smells heavenly.  And oddly enough I discovered my love for it from the Sephora newsletter I got in the mail.  Sephora is my love.  There are rumors we may get one at the South Shore Plaza next year.  Seriously I will camp out.  

Anywho I have the lotion and the spray on today and it's not over powering (I am alone in the office so who knows - maybe I need a second opinion).

Friday night Hill and I got take out and watched The Strangers (not good - but Scott Speedman is good to look at) - at around 11:00pm we got a hankering to watch Titanic - so random I know - we only watched an hour before we started falling asleep.

Saturday morning Hill and John took me for breakfast where we ate alot.  IHOP has my FAVORITE TYPE of crepe now (which is nutella with bananas and strawberries)!  Happy Birthday to me.  The plan was to go into Salem but alas it never ended up working out.  We drove there - and for 45 minutes we drove in traffic going in circles looking for a space.  We aborted mission and headed back to South Shore.  We were thinking of other possible ideas but we decided to do up the Ale House which always has awesome Fall themed foods and drinks.  They didn't have my favorite caramel apple martini but they had a Pumpkin Spice martini which was so good.  For dinner I got Butternut Squash Raviolis!  If you are a butternut squash fan you MUST try these.  I think a lot of establishments have them this time of year.  So good.  Seriously I couldn't stop talking about them.

Hillary for my birthday along with the amazing birthday surprise, got me the 4th Season of the OC.  I LOVE THE OC!!!  But the 4th season was sad and I never bought it but every time I see it I'm like OK I need this soon.  Just to finish the collection.  I'm such a nerd.  Hillary also got me a High School Musical pen case.  It's so funny the older I get the nerdier I get.  I also got a Camp Rock birthday card from Robyn.  Do you see what I mean?? It didn't sing to me but you bet I sang to it.  

Watched a little bit of the game with Robyn, John and Hill but they were all seriously falling asleep on me.  Around 5th inning I went to Lydia and Phils to finish the game and see all of them.  Their house is SUPERRR spooky because they're gearing up for the mother of all Halloween parties.  Seriously Alysse has like body parts in her bathroom.  For real.  Anywho.  They had a really yummy cake for me (pictures coming!)!  

Red Sox won on my birthday as they always do.  I got a little nervous for a while there thinking the game may go into October 19 but it didn't.  We watched SNL after and I decided that Sarah Palin was a waste of space.  She didn't even do anything funny.  Honestly if she had done the rap that Amy Poehler did for her I would have died.  Or if her and Tina got in a bitch fight.  Genious.  Best part of SNL was this.  Obviously.

Sunday Annie, Hillary and I went to lunch at Cheesecake Fac and it was amazing.  I go there and I tell myself I will get something new but I always come back to the Barbecue Ranch Chicken Salad.  Seriously best salad on earth.  We did a little shopping (obviously because we were in the mall) and I got a really cute long jacket/sweater.  I NEVER shop in Macy's but this time of year they have the cutest stuff.  I also got some new Clinique goods and I was very happy when the saleswoman strayed me away from the old folks line of moisturizer.  Ok I know I'm only 26 but as I said before - I think I look old in my new license pic.

We made a quick trip to Target after to pick up some presents for our friend Andrea's kids birthday.  We got Abby the CUTEST little halloween outfit and Joseph a "scary" movie.  They are the cutest kids.  Andrea and Joe make the cutest kids.  Officially.  No word yet if they're going to go for a 4th :)

Went home later to do laundry, a little catch up work (New York marathon please be over soon) and to watch the Red Sox lose.  I also watched Mad Men during the game (Yes I am the only living soul without a DVR).  I need to get ideas for the Mad Men party I will be attending with the bff's on Wednesday night.  The Pheonix and WFNX (Boston paper and radio station, respectively)  are having a Mad Men party at the Living Room (the one in Boston not Rhode Island thankfully).  I have a cute dress that will work and I'll just wear my Mary Janes but I am struggling with hair.  I want to do the Joan Holloway but my hair is not that fun.  Boo.  WWJD.

3 comments:

jessica maria said...

sounds like a great weekend! the perfume also sounds awesome, i laughed at the line about "there's nobody in the office today, so..." hahaha ;)

woo birthdays!

patrick said...

You should go as Betty Draper, after busting her daughter smoking cigs in the bathroom and with period juice on her pants. Yes, period juice. Did you see that? I am still LRH about that. That is a shorthand thing I just made up, "Laughing Really Hard". I hope the internet catches on to that one.

Did you see when she set up her friend with the horse guy, and then called her out on that. The only thing that moment was missing was her shooting pigeons with a pellet gun. I hope they have that at the Mad Men party.

- Glenn

Kristen said...

Boo to birthdays being over! The perfume is indeed amazing. And my office mate would totally be honest if it was a bit much. I'm confident it's not too bad though lol!

P Dunn - I don't have attire to be Betty. But I might do her hair with a Joan ensemble. I know how much you like to hear about hair.
That was crazy last night. Just like in Superbad. LRH. I like it. I'm going to use it. Maybe in real life.
You can still come to the Mad Men party with us! Go as Glenn!