Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Say hello to the new first family!!

Words can't express the emotions I felt even walking into the voting booth knowing that I was voting for someone I KNEW could turn this country around.  I really wanted to scream it from the rooftops.  But my pin showed where my loyalties were (which BTW they made me take off in the voting room and I hurried to put it on before I was barely out).  

His acceptance speech was awe inspiring.  I couldn't stop crying, this week has been an emotional one (more on that later - maybe) so that's probably why I was so choked up - but man I am just so floored about this.  I'm going to buy a paper today and put it away so I can show my kids someday - "This is when America became a place I was proud to live in."  I really have never been so proud of my country.  I wished so bad I could be in Grant Park last night hearing his speech in person, waving an American flag.  

The hate that people have for this man makes me sick. Well guess what.  He won by a landslide so he's doing something right.  I am so happy today!!!!  And still wearing my pin.

No comments: