Tuesday, October 14, 2008

So update on my birthday surprise!
Friday night Hillary told me NOT to make any plans for Monday night and that she had a surprise for me.  In Hillary fashion she wanted to tell me so bad but I wouldn't let her.  

Sunday night she calls to tell me it's on Newbury Street and that I should plan to meet her at 5pm.  Obviously this has my mind racing now!  I had a few ideas that it could be but I still wasn't sure.  I ended up meeting her at her work around 4 instead so as we were walking to the T to go to Newbury she told me - she set up appointments for both of us to go to the Spa for massages and manicures.  AMAZING.  Never once did that go into my mind.  When she first told me she had a surprise for me I thought it was going to be her making my favorite Carollo dinner (Poppy Seed Chicken FYI) so naturally I was super excited for the Spa.  She told me we were going to Spa Newbury but didn't have to be there till 6pm so we found it a great time to get a drink (or few) before.  

We went to Sonsie and sat at the bar and enjoyed some wine and watched the beginning of the worst game ever.  We decided we had a huge crush on the bartender and that we may have to go back JUST to see him.  By the time we left to head to the spa the game was 4-1.  Bad sign.
On our way to the spa we pass by Johnny Cupcakes and mention how it reminds us of Rachel, our friend who did a little modeling for JC and we look in the window and we see her friend Danny working there.  We bust in and hugs all around.  That store is amazing.  I've been a fan of JC for a while yet never owning any article of clothing.  His story is just so great and he's a South Shore boy so obvs I'm interested.  We chatted with Danny for a bit about his band - LionsLions and that I need to catch a show asap and about other randomness.  Since I was finally in the store I found it apropos to finally represent this brand that I respect so much.  So I took this guy home with me..

EDIT:  Ok the shirt I got is so special that it's not online yet.  But seriously go check out his shit.  If you LOVE Boston, Cupcakes and attention to detail PLEASE check out the website and or hit up his store on Newbury Street.  

Anywho. Next stop was the spa.  It was super cute and totally relaxing even in the lobby.  My massage was amazing.  So amazing I almost fell asleep (ok I think I DID fall asleep).  The room was super nice and not like the first time I got a massage.  Back story (no pun intended) I got my first massage just about two years ago and I hated it.  It was at a retreat and kind of an odd location.  The lady sucked and kept yelling at me for not relaxing (sorry lady I have an insane job) but last nights experience totally turned my massage history around.  I feel like there is no more stress in my neck or my lower back.  Amazing.  Then I got a manicure which was also fantastic and the woman who did it kept complimenting my nails.  She's like you have GREAT nails - like 10 times.  I decided to go for a red nail - the red in the bottle was perfect - the red on my fingers look like Dorothy's ruby slippers.  Still awesome.

After the spa we walked and talked about how great it was (and after like 15 hugs to smart Hillary) and decided we could totally go for another drink and some food.  We ended up going to Match - where I have wanted to go for years!  There wasn't anyone there so we sat at the bar and continued watching previously said tragic Red Sox game.  We got a yummy martini and a mini burger.  Mini tuna burger I must add.  So good and perfect ending to an amazing day.


Seriously I don't even know how to thank Hillary for this.  She totally gets it.  I love to be surprised and be caught off guard.  I was so happy I cried a little while I was getting my massage.  She's so damn smart.  I'm already starting to plan great things for her birthday (no seriously I am). We had so much fun and realize we should do it more often.  She doesn't read my blog but I'll make her read this one (HI HILLARY)!!!!!

After our little meal and sadness of the game we trudged to the T with all the other sad Sox fans.  When we passed by the Fenway stop lots more sad Sox fans came on and I made it a rule to allow NO Tampa Bay fans on.  Lucky for them - none took the T.  That's right.  We befriended a couple of guys who we were thisclose to for a good chunk of the ride.  Two seats became available and they grabbed them for us.  So we continue talking and one of them is like can I sit on your lap??  Totally expecting me to say NO he's like AHAH Just kidding.  I was like "No please do!".  He's like "Oh I was kidding... but now that you mention it" and takes a seat.I had to ask him the obligatory "So what do you want for Christmas" as he listed out things he would like.  Hilarious. He was too cute and so was his friend.  We got off the train, walked to Hill's car and headed back home.

Thanks Hurdy for the most fun night I have had in a LONG TIME.  
xok

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw this sounds like such a fantastic night! I'm jealous!

patrick said...

I like attention to detail, but not too crazy about Boston and Cupcakes.

Kristen said...

But they are awesome cupcakes. Not my cupcakes that you have previously shown your distaste for.

patrick said...

But, I don't really like cupcakes. They just don't do it for me. I like cakes, but not cupcakes. Why make things smaller?

jessica maria said...

okay, i read this when you posted it but forgot to comment - dude! sounds awesome!!!!

Kristen said...

It was amazing. Definitely best birthday present ever. Seeing as it is generally hard to surprise me. I feel like my weeks are always the same over and over I do the same thing - this is just what I needed!