Thursday, October 16, 2008

So I think old age is setting in officially.  As many of you know - my 26th birthday is this coming Saturday.  Also Saturday my current license expires.  So I decide I'm going to go to the registry because I may or may not want a new mug shot on that baby.  

The woman asks me to look in the eye thing to check my vision.  Which is bad duh.  So I put my eyes to this machine I think is the vision checker and she's like "Ma'am.  That's the camera."  D'oh. Then she asks me to spell my last name and I spell it wrong!  What is with me today!

So I got a new picture and it's horrendous.  The woman procedes to tell me I have the same smile as Jessica Simpson.  Thanks.  I guess.  I even think I look OLD in my new picture.  AND my forehead looks huge.  I tried telling Bethany how awful my pictures are when they're straight on because it also shows my crooked nose - why can't I strike a pose in my license picture honestly.  

Yesterday at work we did some serious Fall cleaning.  We are growing out of our space.  So much we can't even see each other when we were sitting at our desks.  Also, we would have to move boxes around to even close the door.  Anywho.  Anything we couldn't send out anymore, mostly Spring 08 apparel, we moved into appr 7-ish boxes into our conference room (which is shared).  After I took like 5 bags of swag, Bethany's kids and mom came down to sift though and while she's there this crazy woman who works down the hall from us is like OOOOO this stuff is so great (meanwhile totally waiting for me to tell her she can take a few things if she wants).  So I'm nice and I'm like "Well feel free to look through a take a couple of things you like."  She takes a ton of shit.  But whatever we NEED to get rid of it.  A few hours later I go to check the mail, and I come back and there are two women and their kids standing around the boxes.  I'm like "Hi?" and my boss is like oh these are Terry's friends.  Thinking Kathleen is talking about her husband Terry I'm like "OH Hi!  So nice to meet you.  Yes please look through and take what you want."  Then I follow my boss in to my office and she's like "WTF!! I can't believe she sent her friends here."  Yep crazy lady's name is ALSO Terry and she sent her neighbors in to look through our boxes.  Seriously.  This is not a yard sale, lady.  

Long story short if anyone wants some tanks, socks, pants, polos etc please let me know before someone comes and rummages again.

XO

2 comments:

jessica maria said...

Hahahaha, you sound exactly like I do when I have to do official business like driving lisences. I am SO AWKWARD.

Jessica Simpson smile, ftw.

Kristen said...

I am too!! I always feel like I'm at the Soup Nazi from Seinfeld. Everything has a process and I always mess it up.
Super awkward. When I was walking out I kind of laughed to myself and probably called myself a dumb name and this woman looked at me funny. Yes that's me.