Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Country Fest was such a blast. Seriously one of the best concerts EVER.

We left around 130-ish after running around packing food and drink and we were off.
Wish it was that easy. We were going to meet my cousin because he had been tailgating since 1130 and we figured we'd have plenty of time to chill.

Not the case. We were in traffic for 3 hours. A total of 20 miles took us 3 hours. Bumper to bumper on 128 North and 95 South. Think Warped Tour 2005 but instead of little brats next to us it was drunk people with trailers. it was actually pretty fun and entertaining. We listened to the radio and sang really loud. By the third hour and being in my car with no AC we were getting really thirsty. With all just alcoholic beverages we needed water badly. So we just started asking cars next to us. We asked one car of dudes and they threw one to us which ended up going under my car. Then later we asked a lady in a winnebago.

Sweet.

We had about 30 more minutes once we got on Route 1 and by that time it was 5pm. We parked ($40!!! highway literally robbery) and drank as much as we could before went into the stadium (sounds bad I realize but the drinks inside are like $8-10 and I did bring that much money, but I did bring my favorite new low-carb beer so I was looking forward to enjoying a few before the show. Chris had already went in so we missed him but we found him inside later. Totally looking like it was going to rain we made the short walk to the stadium. We went in, found our seats and danced a little bit to Sugarland (ps thanks for the best seats Andrea! We were sad you didn't make it). By this time we're pretty well marinated (my new word for drunk pick it up lol) so we figured lets keep the buzz on. We got more drinks and waited in an obscenely long bathroom line. Went to find my cousin who well very drunk himself. Love that kid. Danced with him took some pictures moved on.

Went back to our seats to watch Brooks and Dunn who were quite good. I swear country is the bst when your drunk. Almost towards the end of their set Jess and I decide we have to pee. Being half in the bag and really having to go Jess says she's going to go in the alley lol. While over there she finds and event staffer that tells her to just go in the men's room. They do it all the time apparently so with our gut levels a little higher we make a run for it. When we go in we see like 5 other girls with the same idea and we can't stop laughing. All of a sudden like 5 cops come in and make us leave and tell us if he sees us in there again we're leaving in cuffs. Darn so close! So I get back in the ladies line. This guy comes over and tells Jess and I how ridiculous it is and how he'll keep a lookout for cops so we can go. In we go again. Jess makes it in and I'm waiting telling her to pee as fast as humanly possible and I feel a tap on my shoulder.

Cop: Blondie didn't I tell you and your friend. Next time it's these ::: swings handcuffs like 3 inches from my face::
Me: But I have to gooooooo.
Cop: ::imitates my gotta go pee dance:: Toughhhh. Come on. Handcuffs or leaving now? Your choice.
Cop: You with the pink toenails! YOU TOO. (clearly best line of the day)
Jess: ME!??

So yeah we left and by that time my bravery bought me a pass to cut in line for the ladies room.
I swear we must have told the story 10 times that day laughing harder everytime. Talk about a power trip. He totally looked like Scott Storch .
Loves it. There was totally a girl behind us who clearly was passed out before she even walked in the place. That's why she earns a spot on my Wall of Shame:




And her poor boyfriend (who she threw up on and is in that picture next to her) was dancing and singing all by himself.

We should have adopted him.

Here are some more random pictures from the day:


Me and the Hill Duff looking very festive


Please ignore my fatness but I love this picture because we have a total of oh 1 picture together.


Kenny is fucking amazing. And yes he has a Boston shirt on!


Hill and Jess - totally looked like it was going to rain! it didn't so WOO.


I look a smidge on the special side in this one but it's of the three of us so I don't mind.



This doesn't even BEGIN to describe the traffic.

Anyways the concert was AMAZING. Kenny was incredible. Something about his music ALWAYS puts me in a good mood. Maybe it's the talk about flips, drinks, sun, and good pals that gets me all warm and fuzzy. Never thought I would be a Kenny Chesney fan but I am a changed woman.

We left prob a half hour early to miss the traffic. We walked and hobbled (Jess broke her sandal trying to escape the police) back to the car, made a quick pee and head out of there. We got home in NO time. Phewwww.

Slept till forever on Sunday. Watched 3 disks of Lost, read some Harry Potter (still not done but thanks to P Dunn I know the ending. Thanks) and did some work work.

Maybe possibly going to the Red Sox game tonight.

xxoo

PS Congrats Robyn who just called me to tell me she got a new JOB!!!!!

kz

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey! I just really enjoyed your story :) I just went to the countryfest yesterday and had an amazing time!