Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Back from camping!!

Before I get into the camping story I must talk about getting the new Harry Potter book @ midnight on Friday.
Met up with Diana around 7 @ Rock Bottom for some din and chats. Saw my worst enemy in the entire world and I wanted to barf. Luckily Pat was coming shortly so he sat next to me therefore me being out of his eyeline. Piece of shit kept staring @ me.

Anyways. Hill and John met up with us and then we went to their house for some wine and guitar hero and we were soon off to Borders.

We had to park near the Garden part of KMart (anyone who knows Borders Braintree knows how FAR away that is). The lot was PACKED. We get in and turns out we're a twisted orange color. It was really entertaining for like a half hour maybe and then it got old. Took lots of pictures (I will post them tonight!) of some crazies and us turning into crazies. Found out that Barnes and Noble totally had NO crowd so we got a genious plan to head down there. Unfortch we don't make it but Hill and John do, so when we get to the door we're begging the guy to let us in. No avail. Asshole. He's like SORRY We're closed (literally like 3 minutes ago). WTF why wouldn't you want to sell more copies? We all head back to Hills and stop @ CVS - none there either. I figure I give it one more chance @ Borders cause it's so close to my house - Robyn and I walk in and we're like "What color are you on?" and the guy was like "eeeh.. ok just get in line and get the book". Sweet! We told them how much assholes BN was and they were happy (I found out yesterday that Borders sold the most copies in the entire US). Got the book and giddily read 2 chapters before I went to sleep.

Woke up early for camping to pack and etc. Really glad I got the book before the morning because I was super busy. Hardware store with R, supermarket liqor store, made my world famous chili and various other packing processes.

Picked up Robyn and headed for Claires. From Claires in Salem NH we made our way to Maine. Not before stopping @ Heavn'ly Donuts which is the best coffee ever! I have been hearing about it from my fam for so long and getting ridiculed for drinking DD. It is very good and I have went to the other side. I even bought a bag of coffee. So yum. Not the one Chris and Tom work @ but it was good regardless:) Then stopped @ Lisas house to say hi to them and lil Julia. So cute. She looks like what the Olsens looked like when they were 2 on Full House. For reaaal.

Finally got on the highway and got there around 5. Ate some din ran some errands and had a campfire.

Sunday we discovered the fun of Reny's. I'm sure there isn't any BUT maine but it's like a Target/Kmart smooshed down with way lower prices. Got some noodles (pool toys duh) and some Beach Towels. Layed out by the lake most of the day and caught up with Harry Potter though it's hard to read when your whole fam is around, so needless to say I didn't read much.

Monday we went to this campground that was like literally on the beach. Hermit Island or something along those lines. Listened to the old folks reminice about their time there as children and played in the ocean briefly with the cousins. Not sure if I could totally do it there. While gorgeous there are only outhouses and no electricity WHAT SO EVER. Eh. Got lobsters for dinner and then Mom, Claire, Robyn and I went our way to Boothbay Harbor. On the way we saw a guy selling homemade Whoopie Pies on the side of the road. For shits we stopped and bought a few. The guy was probs about 80 and had a "Whoopie Man" shirt on, homemade of course.

Did lil shopping in Boothbay. Picked up something for Kim's baby and something for Gram's birthday. Started raining hardcore so we popped in this lil dive for some food. Best boneless wings ev. hit a few more stores before we made the way back to the campground.

Got back had lobster fest with the fam. Best lobsters I have had in a while. After dinner we played this game called Left Right Center. You start with 3 quarters (or really whatever you want 3 dollars, 3 5 dollars, 3 pennies whatever. You roll 3 dice that have either Left, Right, or Center on them and you have the pass the quarters based on where you roll. If you get a dot that means you get to keep it. Seriously most fun and competitve game ever. Claire won twice, Roland twice and Jamie once. We were all scrounging for quarters the next day. We then went for a walk and played on this odd contraption and went back to the site. One of our neighbors comes over and gives us a HUGE bowl of steamers like seriously massive. We bring it down to the campfire and Jen brings over meatballs. I can't believe how much I ate that day. Insanity. Talked around the fire about funny stories when we were younger and went to bed.

Left yesterday but not before playing around the lake a lil more. Showered, said goodbyes and made our long journey back to Mass. Got back to Salem around 5 and had to battle the Boston commuters to get back to Braintree to change only to go back into Boston via T for the Motion City Soundtrack show which was amazing. But I'll save that for the next post.

Phew that was long.

xo

No comments: