Friday, April 03, 2009

I've been doing some serious neglecting of this blog here. Sorry five readers. I promise to make my life more interesting STAT.

I got my car back! Woop. She is gorgeous and sparkly.

If you remember this is what she looked like before. And anyone who has seen my car in the flesh (metal?) in the past two years knows the other side of the bumper was held together by duct tape that my step-dad spray painted black to match. Oo she is gorgeous now. I'm using the club a lot more now. I don't want anyone to steal her.

(ED Note: Yeah I totally am too lazy to fuzz out my license plate. I'm sure you nice folks won't do bad things with it.)

Went to my first bonfire of the season last Saturday night and it was glorious. The smell of wood smoke in my hair and on my clothes was invigorating. I couldn't stop sniffing myself on the way home. It was at my roommates friend house who likes in Pembroke but is a Quincy cop. I could listen to dumb cop stories all night. Seriously. I told him he should write memoirs based solely off of his hilarious stories. I could try to tell them again but it would be lame.

I have a hip hop star in my building (by hip hop star I am totally being sarcastic. He's probably 19 - tops and dances and sings in the gym - which is next to my apartment really late at night). Gary and Pat were lucky enough to catch one of his performances late last Friday night. So much so that after they walked by and saw him - they doubled back and walked by again - much to the hip hop stars embarrassment. It was super late and the roommate was sleeping so I nicely asked him to turn it down - which he did but still.

Then when I went to bring down the rent, Caitlin - the super sweet office manager tells me that the neighbor next to us complained because she thought we were playing "racist music" at 2:30 in the morning. Apparently hip hop star was holding another performance in the gym Monday night. Missy did not hear, nor did I but our neighbor was NOT pleased. Nor was the family on the other side of the gym whose baby was woken up.

Good stuff.

Work is CRAZY lately but is definitely going really well and I'm learning a whole new facet of my job - event planning. Usually someone else does all the logistics and such - but she left in November. Then we hired someone else to do it - but with tiny budgets we are trying to keep the work as close as we can - making me the new event manager. It's amazing and confusing but totally redeeming. I think this may be my forte actually. I love pitching and media outreach - but this is also really fun. Helps me be really organized. I'm also the holder of the budget - which is scary.

Speaking of jobs - one of my best friends, Miss Robyn - got laid off last week. She has the WORST job luck ever. I feel awful for her. She's also not going on vacation anymore to Dominican with us - and she was part of the reason why I wanted to go so badly. When I found out she was going I was psyched! Now her and Matt are not going. I'm still as excited for the trip - just bummed she won't be joining us.

This weekend holds promise for a good time. Tonight is my mom's birthday so I'll be providing cake at her dinner party. Pretty excited. My mom is the only older adult I know who get's super psyched about her birthday. I hope I get that excited when I'm 54 (sorry mom). Whcih reminds me - I should probably call her to wish her happy birthday.

Tomorrow Kaitlyn and Andy are having a rager at their house. Super excited because as I have never been to one of their parties, I know last time Pat was there he had so much fun that he stayed real late and passed out in his car (which was parked in their driveway) and called me like 85 times to tell me how much fun it was and also to share his Lost theories. So I'm looking forward to it. They are an amazing group of people for sure.

Music minute. Not sure if I've shared this with my blog - but the new New Found Glory album is pretty effing incredible. I hated, despised thier last two albums (OK OK Catalyst wasn't AWFUL - but that ONE song that doesn't even deserve to be mentioned - ruined it for me). Their new one Not Without a Fight was produced by the genious that is Mark Hoppus - who also produced MCS's brilliant Committ this to Memory (and is also doing MCS's upcoming record. WOOP!) - so I thank Mark Hoppus for re-introducing me to the 2002 version of NFG. So good. So good, that, first day of Bamboozle (also when they are playing) I will be wearing the infamous NFG All Stars Steve Klein shirt. The shirt that both Lauren and Robyn want me to leave to them in my will. Yeah. It's THAT cool.

Work time. xok

5 comments:

rachaelgking said...

Glad to have you back, love ;-)

Kristen said...

I started a post probably once a day and then realized how awful it was! Hopefully I'll have a good one to come next week (and the TMI I have been working on for a few days lol!).

patrick said...

You left out that the hip hop star was shirtless and staring at himself in the mirror, and licking his lips. I made up the licking his lips part, but no one has to know that.

Kristen said...

You should have legit told me he was kicking his lips. Because that would just add depth to the story when I try to retell it.

I have not heard or seen him this week. I think he got the memo.

patrick said...

I keep checking back for your weekend update, so I can read about all of the things I forgot about.