Friday, April 10, 2009

Happy Good Friday! Good Friday not because I'm religious but good because it's the end of the week. I'll eat meat today just to buck the system.

Actually that's a lie - my mom has invited me out to dinner where she knows I love the seafood. Damn that woman!

This is going to be a half ass blog today. I've been crazy busy at work. It's so good though. I feel like I'm really making strides in light of some drama that's went on (not in my office!). Big media event is next week and I'm in the last stages of planning - making sure all hotel reservations are set, everyone's got their flight itinerary, grandeur dinner's have been planned (pretty much the reason I'm starting my diet AFTER the event), client is happy and has all of her necessary documents. It's going to be really good. PLEASE pray (to whoever god you pray to :)) that we have good weather.

Went out to AAH for Jess's birthday. It was a good time. It ended up being Pat, Jess, Missy, Hill, Robyn and me. Sometimes I like little gatherings like that. She was supposed to have big gathering tonight in Boston - what can I say - I'm a hermit and I don't like screaming over people to talk.

Last weekend was fun and relaxing. Went to a super fun party Saturday night at Kaitlyn and Andy's. I've heard rumors about these parties and how they're always filled with craziness and debauchery and I had my doubts. I was proven wrong. It was SO fun (almost too much fun) and I would never have left it weren't for the fact I was falling asleep.

Kaitlyn and Andy have a legit bar in their basement and it's awesome. Not creepy basement at all. There was a random old school barbers chair in the corner and we all found it ridiculously random. Boobs were shown, Gary breakdanced, Ron danced on the table, we sang at an ungodly level to "Poker Face" which I blame my new found like (notice NOT love) for that song on that night. There was a fellow partygoer there who looked like Liz from Nip/Tuck (and I found out last night that she also on Criminal Minds!!) and Pat was overcome with joy when he saw her. it was really funny - and even funnier the next day. There was another random girl there who kept asking me awkward questions that included but not limited to "What size are your boobs", "Is that a pedicure on your toes or did you do it yourself", and asking me if my friend Jen and I were sisters not one, not twice, but three times.

Thanks to LiLu I also presented the fact that the day before, last friday was National Cleavage Day. It was a hit.

I had plans to actually do something the next day - I never left the couch. I didn't even put my contacts in - I wore glasses all day. That's a sign of a lazy day. Missy and I had a Queer as Folk season 5 (last season??) marathon. Damn that show is/was amazing. I need to start watching it from the beginning again for old times sake.

Plans for this weekend include, dinner with mom, movie and wine with roomie, out and about for "Quincy Night" as Gary calls it tomorrow night where we will no doubt consume lots of sushi and scorpion bowls and then dance like fools at Commonweath - and I wouldn't have it any other way.

xooook

3 comments:

patrick said...

I didn't notice the barber chair until pictures the next day. How douchey of me.

rachaelgking said...

Scorpion bowls = a GUARANTEED good night.

Happy weekend, love! Bring the cleavage out even though it was last week ;-)

Kristen said...

Pat: I sat in the barber chair. It was pimp. It was also lined with a old school plaid pattern.

LiLu: Scorpion Bowls were amazing. I didn't have a full one due to a two people per scorpion bowl rule at this place - but I did have some mai tais - also know as the scorpion bowls bastard step brother.