Monday, March 23, 2009

Good weekend. I swear I don't remember any of it though.

What I do remember is drunk face-booking someone I may or may not have a crush on. Great. I'll let you know where this one goes.

Friday night Pat and I went to Chili's for some drinks and apps. So yummy.

Saturday I woke up early to drop my car off in Lawrence. One of my step-dad's friends is going to fix it on the cheap (hopefully). I should be getting an update soon. Wasn't a good sign that when he looked at it he was like "Oh that's worse than I expected!" Yikes. I also picked up my rental. 2009 Toyota Corolla. So nice. Probably one of the nicest cars I've ever driven. I'm a Honda Girl for life but I would consider buying one after my Civ goes to the junkyard (knocccck on wood). It's super sleek looking. Love it. I have it until Friday.

Stopped at my aunt and uncles to have lunch and chat. Had to talk with my awkward cousin who's around my age but has the social graces of a 8 year old. She always makes me feel so awkward and weird. Stopped at Lisa's (my favorite cousin) to see her and her husband and daughter Julia. Love her.

Hillary had her crepe party later that night. I was exhausted I should have napped before hand but I didn't have time. I made my guacamole and Robyn made really good buffalo dip. Crepes were amazing and I could probably never make them as good as Mrs. Hagler. I'm going to try dammit. Seven bottles of champagne were had. Twas a good night. We played Apples to Apples (LOVEEEE) and some other game where you reveal this funny stuff about yourself and each time a different team would have to decide who said what. Can't remember the name but it was wicked fun.

Sunday I went out with my mom to the Curtain Factory to find some curtains. I got some pretty sweet pomegranate color curtains. Gorgeous. I haven't put them up yet because I need a step stool to do so. Sure different not living at home with my step dad the handy man of handy mans. Another few stops at BJ's, Walmart (ugh) and Shaw's and I was DONE for the day. I went to CVS and printed out like over 100 pictures from both of my digital cameras. I never realized how many great pictures I had in there. I went back to the APT, did some laundry and filled up some frames I bought at Ikea.

Also when I saw Hillary on Friday night she gave me a few housewarming gifts. She gave me one amazing frame that fits four pictures and this wooden K. Sounds silly - but she has this H that she got in Pheonix a few years ago and I always tell her how much I want a K. Well when she went to Pheonix in Feb she bought me my K!!! It's so sweet. So is the frame. It's heavy so I'm not sure yet where to put it on the wall. Again I need someone to tell me where the studs are so I can make sure it doesn't come flying off the wall in the middle of the night.

I was extremely productive. Doing laundry was NOT bad at all. I dragged it down to the basement. No one was in there so I had pick of the machines. Reminded me SO much of doing laundry in college! So funny.

I hope this week passes fast. I need another day to veg wicked bad.

Oh BTW I'm going to Punta Cana in June! Super excited. Anyone who wants to go it's SUPER cheap. Like $800 cheap (that's including airfare!). All inclusive. So excited.

xok

6 comments:

Lizzy said...

My uncle just came back from Punta Cana on Friday. He LOVES it there. How long are you going for?

rachaelgking said...

UM. Would it be totally weird if I went with you??? Yes? Okay. I'll be the lady in the big hat and sunglasses with a HUUUUUUGE umbrella drink. ;-)

Kristen said...

Liz - We're going for a week from May 30-June 6. I'm stoked. It's going to make me a little poor but I don't care. I need a vaca.

LiLu - No please come!!! You and B should come! You guys need a vaca :) It's really cheap and we could drink a ton - because it's all inclusive. I can't think of anything better really.

patrick said...

Punta Cana sucks, FYI. Well if you like bad food and watered down drinks you might like.

Kristen said...

Is that where you thought you were on the Lost island?

patrick said...

Yes, but that is not why I don't like the place. I don't like the place because a) it was dirty, b) the food was awful, c) the drinks were watered down, and I even paid extra for a special VIP bracelet which was supposed to get you top shelf beverages and their version of top shelf is the American version of bottom shelf, and d) all of the above. I am so bitter about it, still to this day. Sorry to piss on your parade, but that is what I do best: piss on parades. It was actually why I am banned from every St. Patrick's Day parade in Massachusetts, the Macy's Day Parade, and the even lamer Thanksgiving Day parade they have in Plymouth, AFTER Thanksgiving. Yeah, we are that lame. By "we" I mean "Plymouth".