Tuesday, April 21, 2009

So I'm going to go a little backwards in this blog posting here.

Sunday night, Robyn and I went to see Kings of Leon at Agganis Arena in Boston. Agganis is a nice place. Unlike it's bastard step brother Tsongas Arena. The Walkmen opened but we didn't get to see any of them. We heard a little of them while we enjoyed a hot dog and a cold beer. Ran into Gary and Molly which is always nice. They got tickets like 30 minutes before the show for $40 at the ticket office and they were no lie 3 rows from the stage. I shit you not. Robyn and I were jealous, though our seats weren't to shabby themselves. KOL opened with Taper Jean Girl - which obvs couldn't have made me happier. They had a cool stage set up - nothing too fancy but these cool TV screens above the stage that flashed the performance. Not in a Gillette Stadium kind of way but in a fancy artsy kind of way. They also played my jam "Four Kicks" and a million others. Not too many from the new album. Not even Revelry which I heard is their next single. I was happy to hear "Manhattan."

Lily Allen was also in town that night. I had a dream Kings of Leon was canceled and that I was still able to get Lily tickets. So unfair. Any whosit. Walking back to the car I saw this gem parked in front of the Paradise:


Yes. The Dharma Van - Orange edition. I geeked out and Robyn tried to run away before people realized we were walking together. To my joy two guys walking by were like "HOLY SHIT! It's JUST like the Dharma Van." We were so cool. There was a bed in the back of that one. True story.

Saturday I had some bridesmaid duties to perform - my least favorite of them all - finding a bridesmaids dress. Kill me now. It wasn't too painful. Annie (the lovely bride) picked up Colleen, Robyn, Lisa and I up and we headed up to Amesbury. So far but that's where she bought her dress and the owner said they'd give us a discount if we got our dresses there. This is the dress we ALL picked. Annie had told us as long we stuck with the Burgundy/Cabernet color that we could all pick a different dress if we wanted. All four of us instantly fell in love with this dress. The pressure is on for the other three bridesmaids when they go to check it out next weekend. The link shows the green dress but ours is a dark red = kind of gorgeous.

We headed back on glamourous route one for some lunch and chats. When I got back Missy, Jess, Robyn and I headed to the cinema to see 17 Again. Did you really think I wouldn't see that?? It was so cute and hilarious. And yeah if I already wasn't in love with Zac Efron. We stopped by Not Your Average Joe's after. First time I ever went there and I thought it was amazing. Good dirty martinis and good apps = like the Phantom Gourmet I give it a thumbs up.

Friday was crazy at work so I made a conscious decision to lay low. Glad my like minded roommate was also into it. We went for a three mile walk around Abington, made a yummy healthy dinner and watched YES MAN! Love that movie.

Doing follow up on the event today - which again went amazing - and the feedback we're getting from the poeple that atttended echoes my sentiments. First night we had a grand dinner at Bonfire - Todd English's restaurant in the Boston Park Plaza (where were stayed!). We sat at this HUGE table in their private wine room. I pre-picked the courses and they were a hit. I got the Brazilian Churassco. It was a few pieces of amazing filet a top of greens and a little potato cake with a gorgonzola sauce and feta cheese. It was TO DIE. Desert I chose the banana bread pudding. Incredible. Everyone else also enjoyed their meals.

Second night we went to the more relaxed and casual Stephanie's on Newbury. I always hear how epic their Mac and Cheese is. And I discovered that not only is it EPIC - but it is - wait for it - LEGENDARY. If you ever go there i highly recommend the Macaroni and Cheese - and the Warm Grilled Bruschetta. HEAVENLY. We ordered three plates of it. That dinner was fun and full of laughs. I wowed the crowd with not only my Lindsay Lohan impressions (her e-harmony vid just came out - click to watch), Tyra impression and my favorite - Cher.

Good times indeed.

xok

5 comments:

Lizzy said...

We went to Bonfire for my bday this year. The food was soooooo good. Did you find the portions huge like we did?

Kristen said...

You did! OMG that place was amazing. Well I thought what I ordered was the perfect size (maybe because I skipped the salad and all apps - the salad was SOOO peppery - too peppery). Great now I'm thinking about how badly I want it again.

Mb said...

I'm seeing KOL this Friday in Virginia!! Whoot. Also love YES Man.

Mb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristen said...

OMG you're in for a treat with KOL! So good! I tried to convey how cool their stage looked but you'll get it when you see them. Enjoy!