Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I give this weekend a B.

Friday night was fun as it always is when P. Dunn and I do the Chilis thing. They have a sweet happy hour menu from 9pm-midnight where all these apps and burger/sandwich combos are $3.99 each. I got a grilled chicken sandwich and french fries (I know. I couldn't resist). But we all know the real reason I like to go there on Friday's - Nikki makes me the best dirty martinis. The best. I have been in this sordid love affair with dirty martinis for the past year or so. But I will only drink it at certain places and I would probably never dare to make one on my own - but I love them - especially if the establishment stuffs the olives with blue cheese (ie. Cheesecake Factory, Not Your Average Joe's). I always get the most attention when I drink them as well - men will come and be like "That's a serious martini" then I will do my best to act flirty - but we all know I'm as smooth as Liz Lemon, so instead I ramble on about a story on how much I love salt which makes it the perfect drink for me.

I'm a classy broad. All that talk really makes me want a DM now.

I digress. Pat has a friend named Norm who we like to mess around with after a few drinks. We send him (ok Pat does - but I provide content) random Friends synopsises' and see if he gets them - he generally doesn't but usually takes it in stride. He used to think it was really funny but this Friday night he was NOT amused. He send Pat back very mean text's and a scathing voice mail. Ohh Norm.

Saturday I woke up early and cleaned and I promised my long lost best friend Mrs. Hillary that I would go up to North Shore and visit her. They live on the beach in Winthrop - so I put on a little sundress ready to get some color. Little do I know Hillary and the hub are decked out beach style in bathing suits and stuff. Little serious for April you think? When we were getting some sun, our friend Jess mentions she's never been to Hooter's. In my very PR way I tell her why it's so awesome and not because boobs are awesome. I've always had a really fun time at Hooter's. First time I ever went in like 2000 this douche bag was harrassing our waitress so in my 17 year old glory I totally yelled at this guy - I don't know exactly what I said but it wasn't nice - sorry dude - but she was a sweetie. She was so appreciative she bought my friends and I a round of beer. Beer? Yeah I was a late bloomer and all I drank at 17 was like two sips of Zima and some watered down white russians (thanks Roger!). So I asked for the only beer I knew at that time - Bud Light. God we were so cool. We took like 18 pictures of our beers and couldn't wait to show our friends at school on Monday.

I digress again - I just think the gals there are the sweetest and the food is good. So we cleaned up and headed to the new Hooter's on Route 1. Obvs we had a blast and watched the Red Sox OWN the Yankees. It was cool because you didn't feel weird jumping out your seat and cheering for the game - because everyone was. We weren't that one LOUD table as we always are. So fun. SO many families there too. Like lots of little kids. Do you think recently breast fed kids try to reach out for the gals boobies?

And think Hooter's is only for boobs and games. Don't count Hooter's out when you're planning your next date.

Hilarious. This kept me entertained for a few minutes. Get your wings and your champagne.

After the game I was just going to head home but ended up meeting up with some pals for a Breast Cancer Fundraiser. Twas fun. The band was really bad but the drinks and the company were good. I tried not being in any pictures because I looked gross ( being on the beach all day can do that to you) but alas - I got caught.

Cute!

Sunday I lounged around all day and it was glorious. Yep. Last night after work the roomie and I decided to catch a movie. We saw "I Love You Man" and it was incredible. SO FUNNY. I love Jason Segel - my love just grows and grows for him. Legit. Funny movie. Totes McGotes.

Did I mention I'm getting ridiculously psyched for this weekend and Bamboozle. Can't wait.

Zumba tonight!!

xok

No comments: