Monday, March 16, 2009

Well. Moving is finished. Unpacking is another story.

It wasn't as bad as I expected it to me. Roger and his best buddy helped Missy and I move all of our heavy stuff from our respective previous living spaces and into our new place. We took all the boxes up. Despite moving into the third floor without an elevator it wasn't so bad. All the deliveries and set-ups came on time so that was good. Except for my mattress that I had to wait around for (ok it was totally worth it - I've never slept so well).

Last night our last piece of furniture arrived and it really pulled everything together. We really need something over our big couch - any thoughts?

Ok well in true Kristen fashion I documented the whole move. With my real camera - not my shitty camera phone quality:

Goodbye old ugly bedroom. Yes there is my cat. She did NOT want to leave. For the record I did have pretty things on the wall - besides that cross.



In the new place we have this abnormally large closet with one HUGE shelf. We keep joking that we could fit someone in there. Well Pat (BTW go read his blog - it's a gem) was up for the challenge. He grabbed his favorite (ok favorite name) book off of my book shelf (Hot Mess for the record) and took it to read in there. Looks pretty comfy huh.


He was really into it apparently.

Finished product of the living room. The second couch really made it look homey. I love it. All we need is some art in there and it will be perf (my longtime neighbor at my moms house gave me a $50 gift card to Home Goods! I'll probably look there soon!).

I'll post some bedroom pictures soon. I need to clean it a little bit more and get some stuff on the walls. Or maybe I'll be like Mariah Carey and keep my bedroom private ala her Cribs episode. Yeah - no :)


So Friday I went back to my mom's house to clean what was left of my room. I came back Sunday for lunch to see my mom has already turned it into her own little gym. So cute.

The weekend wasn't all moving and no fun though. Friday night I went to Chili's (surprised? I know - hold your gasps!) with Pat, Hill and John. We came back to my new pad (officially called Area 51 - there is a cell phone tower behind our parking area. It lights up like a space station at night) for a tour and some hangs. Saturday I met my good friend (soon to be MARRIED FRIEND!) for lunch. I later met up with the bridesmaids for her wedding for a pow-wow. I was convinced we wouldn't get anything done but we actually did alot. I was dreading it but it was kind of fun.

Saturday night we went out for Natalie's going away party at Fuji. Natalie is my current roomates old roommate (and really good friend of mine) and the reason I got to move out (I mean that in the nicest way possible). She moved to Texas to live with her mom and to go to school. It was so nice and I think I cried a little when I said good bye. Lots of drinks and sushi were had.

I left Fuji around 10:30 to go visit Ann Marie in RockVegas for her bar party. Her husband built a bar in their garage. Sounds kind of crimey but it's amazing inside. Probably the nicest bar I've ever been in. Literally when you're inside you feel like you're in a legit bar. A nice one at that!!! I watched everyone play RockBand for a while and then I had to go home to sleep.

Woke up early next morning to help Missy bring over some last things (and our couch!) to the new place. To my surprise Natalie was still there finishing up her packing for the moving truck. I had to say good-bye again. It was worse this time because it was final. She was really gone. But it gives me a chance to go to Texas!!! No joke I'd really like to visit Texas.

Anywhosit. I'm cooking my first dinner in the new place tonight. Few ideas. I'll brainstorm on the way home. Maybe take some photos.

Oh BTW anyone have Kelly Clarkson's new album. Seriously so impressive. I've been listening to it nonstop since last Thursday.

xok

3 comments:

jessica maria said...

Yay Hot Mess!! :D

Love the living room - congrats on the move-in!

Kristen said...

I LOVE that book!

Thanks! Yeah it's pretty sweet. We're having a unpacking/St Patricks Day soiree tonight.

CIP said...

wow it looks so great! I love the living room!