Thursday, March 19, 2009

Thank the lord it's almost Friday. Every morning seems harder to get out of bed (which is pretty much the most comfortable bed ever. Be jealous).

I didn't do anything on St. Patricks Day besides wear a little bit of green. Doesn't matter who the hell you are - in Boston on St Pat's day - EVERYONE IS IRISH. I usually go out and do a little drinking and gallivanting but this year being it two days after I moved I opted on staying in. Missy and I went food shopping and to Target to find some stuff for our kitchen.

The cart we wanted for our kitchen was sold out but we also needed a lamp for our living room. Badly. When you come in late at night you have to pretty much walk clear across the apartment to put the kitchen light on. So we bought this bad bitch:


It looks kind of ugly in the picture but trust - it's way better looking in person. This took me two hours to put together. Ok I took a break to watch Adam's horrendous performance on AI and of course to refill my wine (maybe that's why it didn't make sense) but this thing was a pain in the ass. Sometimes I'm such a guy - I HATE directions. Of any kind. I DO NOT ask for directions driving around. I feel like if I just keep driving I'll figure it out. I also don't like directions for furniture and the like. Maybe that's why my Ikea dresser fell apart after two months. Long story short. If I read the directions it probably would have taken me at least half the time it did.

Anyways. It does wobble a little bit still after three times of taking it apart and putting it back together. But it looks nice and definitely helps because Saturday night I was almost impaled by our old shower rod trying to put the light on.

Last night I went to dinner with Greg and his mom. Being the daredevil I am I decide I want to get the "Knock you on your ass wings." Not a good idea. I was starving so I went to town when they got to my plate. Not more than half way through the first one I can feel my face heating up and my mouth on fire. I almost spit it out - but since they know the owner I decided against it. She brought out bread thinking it would help soak up the hotness (it didn't FYI). I had to take my damn sweater off. And my arms are less than desireable at the moment so you KNOW I didn't want to do it. I had to bring them home - again feeling bad that they had just bought my dinner. So anyone up for a challenge please let me know so you can take them off my hands ;)

I think I growled a little bit at them this morning when I went to make my lunch.

I'm getting really settled in. It already feels like home. Missy went to California yesterday to see her mom so I was alone and it was a little scary. Yeah I know I'm a dork. I had a water bottle out on the balcony and the wind hit it and it scared the LIVING SHIT out of me. Not knowing what it was yet I grabbed my butter knife that I used to butter my toast and I opened the patio door just to make sure no one was out there (I live on the Brockton line - give me a break!). Just my water bottle rolling around. Silly me.

xok

6 comments:

patrick said...

Were you going to butter your intruder to death?

Kristen said...

I was - and just hope for the best that he liked SmartBalance. They're pretty sharp actually lol.

Anonymous said...

i want a photo of you in the middle of the night walking toward the door with a butter knife...

Kristen said...

AHA I laughed a little at myself actually. My level of paranoia has raised to a scary level since I've been alone in the apt. I have to check the door like 15 times before bed and before I leave in the morning. Blame that on my OCD.

Last night I unpacked the real knives FYI.

patrick said...

Real knives. Get some Henckels. When I used to work in the housewares department at Filene's, people used to tell me they swore by them. Yes, I worked in a housewares department. That is why I have a vast, useless knowledge of kitchen appliances and gadgets that has gotten me nowhere. That is why I also hate toaster ovens, because people used to always return them. My chef friends despise them too. Alright, this is going nowhere. G'day.

Kristen said...

I tried my nachos in the microwave because I was in a rush. No where near as good as it would have been in a toaster. But I'm adapting.