Sunday, March 08, 2009

Ahhh the end of the weekend.  Sunday night is seriously my LEAST favorite time of the week. Actually no - Monday morning at 7:30 is.

This weekend has been just non-stop.  Friday I left work early to go pick up the keys at my new apartment!!!  So excited.  Just having the keys makes it all real.  Missy and I went to Target and picked up a bunch of cleaning supplies.  The maintenance people did a really good job cleaning up the place but who knows what kind of crap they use.  Anywhosit.  Jess came over to check out our new (albeit empty) apartment.  We did some cleaning and then went to Acapulco's for some din-din.  I was going to go back to my Mom's house and pack up a load to take over but I started getting a little delirious at dinner so I figured it best to go home.  

I hadn't actually packed a thing until that night.  I didn't have any boxes.  So I went to Curtis Liquors were I am embarrassed to say they know me by name - and they gave me a ton of boxes which ended up being perfect for my DVD's.  Saturday I woke up bright and early and went to U-Haul to buy some larger boxes for books and the like.   Needless to say I am right now sitting in my empty childhood bedroom.  All I have is my bureau and my bed to move and they will be making the trip Thursday.

After making a few trips to the apartment (with my mom and step dad) I decided I needed a little me time.  So I went and got a manicure.  Nothing makes me feel better than getting a mani.  My nails are getting so long so I want to keep them all purty.  I digress.

I took a 45 minute nap (ok more like 30 - I was really compelled by THS Bret Michaels) before I had to get ready to go meet Justin and Jen at Fuji for some dinner before we went to South Side Tavern to see "The Bitter End".  

I got my favorite sushi.  It was so amazing I needed to photo it.

Justin laughed at me.  I got Spicy Tuna and a Spider Maki.  Spider Maki is the one that looks like - well - a spider (actually soft shell crab).  Justin's food came out first and the waitress was like "Oh sorry about the wait - the spider takes a little more time to cook."  Jen and I were dying.  We both got the same thing.  Dinner is going well and all of a sudden Jen starts choking and spitting her food back up into the napkin.  I thought she was going to throw up at the table.  She made a bee-line to the bathroom and when I rush to follow her in I see her doubling over laughing.  She's choking and laughing which made me start laughing.  People must have thought we were crazy.

We then made it to South Side Tavern to meet Ann Marie and the rest.  I have a confession to make.  I really love local cover bands.  Especially The Bitter End.  They're so good.  Ann Marie's cousin Paul plays the guitar and the lead singer is a really cool gal named Kimberly.  They're just so fun.  I don't know if this makes me a "townie" but if so I'll take it. Beats going to Tequila Rain like last weekend ANY DAY.    Oh yeah last weekend we went to Tequila Rain (aka the WORST PLACE IN THE WORLD - OBVS not my idea) to celebrate Hillary's promotion.  If I wasn't able to make fun of all the tragic cases in the room I wouldn't have enjoyed myself at all.

I digress.  Again.  P Dunn ended up joining us for some tunes and dancing. I wish I took a video of the Ann Marie vs. Pat dance-off.  Epic. We had a lot of fun but we were sitting next to the speaker and it was really fucking loud.  I seriously couldn't hear a thing and my ears were buzzing when I got home.  We decided next time we need a quiet playdate.

Best part of the night was finding out one of Ann Marie's friends who I see when we go out - also lives in Abington Glen.  How random!  I'm super stoked.  She's a really sweet girl so I can see a lot of hanging out in the future.  I told her to give me the deets of the place since she's lived there for a year - and she said that she really had no complaints besides the laundry some times.  So that was really good to hear :)

Today I met Missy at Natalie at Abington Ale House for some lunch and another trip to the apartment.  This time I took all my purses and pretty much everything in my closet.  Also my "file holders" which are actually a little handheld box and then my most recent addition  - a large Coach shopping bag.  

We put up some art and cleaned our dishes and lined the cabinets with the contact paper (NOT EASY). Natalie and I had the task of putting together Missy's shot glass cabinet (another NOT EASY).  But once we got it together it and put the glasses in it looked amazing.  She is so well traveled.  The farthest I've been is Mexico.

I took some photos to send via text - so here they are:

It doesn't look like much yet - but where the small couch is, is where our entertainment center that will hold the amazing TV (yeah I got a 42" TV!  It's so sweet) will go and the wall on the other side will be the big couch and smaller couch.  Also you can see our sweet balcony - which doesn't look so sweet in this photo but trust me - it is.

My room was even less cool than the picture of the living room so I took a picture of the bathroom.  I LOVE the art so much.  Missy picked them out at Bed Bath and Beyond and as soon as I saw them I fell in love with them.  

I'm still feeling a little messed up from this time change bull crap. 

xok

5 comments:

CIP said...

Yay for the apartment. Ok, so sushi looks really good, but I've never had it before and I'm really nervous to try it...eeeks!

Kristen said...

OMG sushi is amazing! I was the same way before I tried it. Now I am hooked. You just have to know what you like - and if it's fish that weirds you out there are a lot of non-fish ways to try it. My first experiences with sushi were the California Roll and the Philly roll.

jessica maria said...

Wow, it looks huge! AND AWESOME! YAYAYAYAY!

Kristen said...

It is quite big! I have a feeling it will shrink when we move all of our stuff in!!

I can't wait to take proper pictures (and VIDEO!) of it when it's finished. So exciting!

rachaelgking said...

That sushi looks amazing... and your apartment is TOO cute! You have to post a video when it's all decorated! Love that bathroom.