Wednesday, January 07, 2009

I love this blogging everyday thing.  It really helps me stay on my toes for some reason.  I think of things I need to share - good and bad and blogging is a really therapeutic way to express it even if people don't want to hear it.  Weird.  Yes.  

So Amazon totally redeemed itself from the Christmas present debacle of 2008.  I cancelled this gift for and I didn't get to present it to Mrs Hagler with all her other gifts.  I assured her it was on the way.  Truth is it wasn't.  I checked every brick and mortar store I could and then I went online.  Everyone always tells me how amazing Overstock.com is but I think I might disagree.  Everything was SUPER expensive including the digital photo frame I wanted to get her.  I have to admit I am a bit of a review snob and like to stick to brands I know.  I wanted to get her the Kodak one - not the no name one or this ugly one or that random one.   I know that I probably paid more for the name but it's just one of my things.  Finally,  I went back to Amazon to look again.  To my surprise they were cheaper from the first time I got it and still offered free shipping.  I ordered it this past sunday night (1/4) and I received it via my favorite UPS guy yesterday (1/6) in super condition.  

Car drama.  So I have been having so many car problems since November.  First my car just wouldn't start.  Then my check engine light would go on. Etc. Etc.  So I (along with my step dad) went to Highland Mechanics in Braintree to get it fixed.  The guy tells me I have a lazy thermostat and that a censor needs to be replaced so the light will go out and oh also that my battery and starter are going.  Roger tells the guy to fix the thermostat and the censor.  $500 dollars later I feel like nothing has changed but Roger is really smart about these things so I trust his opinion.  Three weeks ago right before Christmas my car dies again in the driveway.  Roger taps the starter with a hammer - it starts.  Next day Roger put a new battery and starter in (seriously having a jack of all trades around is SOOOO worth it even though he drives me bananas - he can also electrocute proof your pool).  $250 later I'm convinced it's all good.  

Fast forward to yesterday.  I bundle up for work make my way to Dunkin down the street from my house and what do you know - CAR WON'T START!  Yeah.  I try like 10 times before I call Roger (who BTW was mad at me for putting a hand print on the door he just stained - oops) to come and rescue me.  I tried everything before calling a tow truck.  So my baby is at Honda in Weymouth and turns out the reason it wasn't starting is because when I got a new thermostat the guy totally crossed all these wires or some crap and the new thermostat was moving closer and closer to crushing these wires everyday - yesterday was the day all the wires to start the car were crushed.  So $197 to figure that out.  I am so over it.  I'm not saving my money for my car - I'm saving for my apt.

Today I took the commuter rail to work.  I had flashes back to when I would take the LIRR into NYC for my internship because the commuter rail looks just like LIRR.  But I got to listen to music and play my DS and drink my coffee so it's not a bad deal. 

Work is getting better.  Monday I wanted to die.  I seriously contemplated updating my resume because of my lack of work to do.  Since November I stopped work on three accounts.  One because they don't need me anymore, one because they went bankrupt and the other because we resigned their business.  The last one I mention was a huge part of my time and also stress (as mentioned in the last post).  I got to talk to my boss yesterday though and she had a really positive outlook and I feel like I'm really starting to take ownership over my new projects.  It's   and with a client whose industry I have never worked in but I feel like I'm really getting the hang of it.  I also was just asked to be part of a new business pitch for a cool new client so yeah work feels better.

Oy.

2 comments:

CIP said...

Ughhhh, the LIRR. I hate it. So. Much.

It must be nice for you though it get to relax on the train, instead of driving in awful LI traffic.

rachel elizabeth said...

i'm grateful that i've never had to take public transportation in my life. with the exception of my travels to NYC, but that was voluntary. :)

i seriously hate cars, mine is dying a slow, painful death as we speak but buying a house is so much more important to me than having a snazzy car. boo responsibility.