Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Ok I really have to become better at blogging every day.  Work has been insane (I feel like I ALWAYS start my blogs with something work like).  I've been feeling super accomplished and it's making me a lot more productive at work and more positive overall.

I had a really fun weekend.  Friday night Pat and I hit up the usual haunt and then met some of his friends at JP Ryans in Abington.  Robyn also ended up meeting us.  Pretty cool hang.  There was a band playing called The Pak.  They were really great.  Great 90's alternative!!  We were pretty much back to back with the bass player.  It was high-larious.  We danced and sang and played air instruments all night.  We also decided we would start an air instruments band.  It was probably the coldest it's been all winter that night also.  Not fun.

Saturday I met John and Hillary for breakfast at my favorite (yeah I've been there twice - BEST breakfast on the north shore) breakfast place called Hi Tide ( total beach town).  Anyways.  We're sitting there enjoying the best breakfast ever and Matty from Big Brother 9 walks in with his "girlfriend".  Laugh.  But to Hillary and I - HE is a celebrity.  I love that freaking show and that season was one of my favorites.  I try so hard not to be obvious but I'm like "Hillary - Matt from Big Brother just walked in."  She turns around and is like "Who's Matt's brother."  Totally blowing our schitck.  He didn't notice.  

He's the dude in the picture.  Obviously.  After our brush with celebrity we went to Old Navy.  Seriously everything was WAY on clearance and then %50 off the clearance price.  I got a few things for Annie for her birthday and I got this gem for myself.

Seriously obsessed.  I got in a tweed color (not this one - little less gray) and I also got it in red.  Only $12!!  It's very Michelle Obama meets Blair Waldorf.  Which is precisely why I wore it today, inauguration day!  It's so cute.  SO cute.  Hillary got Annie the one in the picture - the exact one.  

Saturday night was Annie's party.  It was a hoot as always.  I made guacamole that was not as awesome as it usually is.  The avocados at Shaw's were SO hard - so I had to make due.  Needless to say the bowl was clean by the end of the night anyways.  It's the first time all of the bridesmaids (minus Kayla) have been together since Annie told us.  Good talks about making plans and making sure Annie has the best bridal shower and bachelorette EVER.  I'll probably be blogging about it a lot - she is getting married October 17, 2009 (yes the day before my birthday)!

Sunday I met Tim, Matt and Robyn at the Brewhouse for some beers and chats.   I was introduced to an amazing drink called Apple Pie which is really just half Winter Warmer and half Cider Jack.  It was so bad on the roads so they were impressed I made it out.  I saw cars that were WAY nicer than mine and probably cost 5 times as much, spinning out all over the place.  Take that Mercedes Benz.  My car is the best, even though we fight sometimes.

I have some pretty exciting news but I'm going to save it till I know for sure. Woop!

Oh and on Sunday after beer I rented the whole third season of How I Met Your Mother.  I figured there wasn't a ton of episodes because of the strike.  I should have returned it by now - alas I have not.  I just saw one of the Britney Spears episode that fan girls nearly peed themselves over - she was actually a little bit funny.

Who knew?

xok


3 comments:

jessica maria said...

Ooooh, interested in exciting news. :)

Sarah S said...

Too funny. I am friends with the lead singer of The Pak.

Kristen said...

Sarah - They were SO good!! I was rattling off requests to them all night. I think I might be a groupie.

Jessica - I hope to be 100% sure of this great news soon!!! I don't want to get excited about it yet but I will definitely blog about it!