Thursday, January 15, 2009

God it's like 8 degrees in my office.  I want to close the door but I'm waiting for a very important delivery from FedEx so I must keep a good eye out.

Tuesday night when I got home I realized it was too late to go to the gym so I checked out OnDemand for those fitness classes.  Don't laugh.  They're really good and sometimes I get a better workout from them as opposed to going to the gym.  So I decide - I'm going to try Jackie Warner's shows.  Jackie Warner is the head personal trainer in "Workout" which is a reality show on Bravo.  She's such a jerk so I figured her class would kick my ass.  Well kick my ass, shoulders, stomach, and legs she did.  I did three of her segments - upper body, lower body and core.  I could barely walk yesterday.  The upper body and lower body were fun - the core was just torture.  So bad that it pains me to laugh or cough.  I went to Greg's for dinner last night and he would make me laugh and I would laugh and be like OWWWWW.  I guess they say no pain no gain for a reason.  I'm going to the real gym tonight so I'm sure tomorrow will be real fun.  

So I had dinner with Greg and his mom last night.  First time since his dad passed that I'd been over.  They're kind of like my second family so I've been so worried about them - especially his mom.  She said a million times how happy she was that I came over for dinner because she still cooks for three people.  Luckily she's an amazing cook and I was starving.  She had so much left over so she gave Greg and I little tupperwares so we could bring them to work.  

So I got myself and some members of my entourage these Office quote day calendars for Christmas.  Did I mention how much joy I get from ripping them off everyday?  Todays quote is:

"Ryan wants everything in our company to be about e-mails and IM's.  But I think he is forgetting about the original instant message: letters attached to baskets of food" - Michael Scottt

I LOVE that episode.  I'm trying not to peek at coming days - but tomorrows is good too :)

I'm so happy tomorrow is the weekend.  I see a few bottles of wine in my near future.

xok

9 comments:

Unknown said...

My office is about the same temperature. This little space heater does nothing for me! Nothing!

I totally didn't know about OnDemand workouts...I'm definitely going to have to check that out!

Kristen said...

It's really fun! A perfect workout for when you really just don't want to go to the gym!

CIP said...

Yay for updating your blog roll. If you need any blog suggestions, I updated mine yesterday and there are FAR too many on there. In fact, I think I need to take some off. Haha. For some reason, I feel that anyone who has ever, ever read my blog or commented, I need to add them to my roll....I guess I shouldn't though?

Haha. Oh man, I would totally be looking ahead in my calendar too!

CIP said...

Oh, and I meant to say, I love doing on demand workouts. I used to do The Girls Next Door one! Haha.

Kristen said...

I'm going to look through your blogroll for sure! You have alot of goodies on there.
And I used to do the girls next door one too! I did the Carmen Electra striptease one once too - man those strippers work hard! My ass was killing the next day lol

Anonymous said...

i think i'm the only one that doesn't love the office... does this make me a bad person? haha

i totallydo the yoga on demand a few times a week, it's free... what's not to love?!

Kristen said...

It's the best show!! But honestly before I got into it I wasn't a huge fan. I discovered the Office in the third season lol

patrick said...

It is bad luck to read ahead on your calendar.

Kristen said...

Don't worry. I really haven't. Only sometimes when I have to look forward to find a certain day - then it's too hard NOT to peek. I need all the luck I can get in 2009 lol.