Monday, January 12, 2009

I promise I won't complain anymore - but work is kicking my ass.  I'm dying to leave almost everyday.  Luckily it seems that I will be getting to work on some new accounts soon - hopefully that is just what I need to jumpstart my work karma. 

Weekend was good.  I got to meet the elusive David The Gnome *aka David Thegnome at Gary's place.  He lost a leg in the blizzard of December 2008 but he's still raging.

Sarah is NOT picking her nose BTW.

We had some drinks - the girls talked about hair, shopping and other things to send the boys to their corner to talk about boobs (I'm sure we were talking about boobs too) music and crap girls don't care about.  Everyone almost broke their necks on Gary's steps because they are pretty much totally covered in ice like in Home Alone when Kevin sprays his stairs so Marv is unable to walk up them - hilarity ensues - I ensure you no hilarity would have ensued if one of us had fallen (ok maybe a little).

Saw Revolutionary Road on Saturday.  I won't even give this movie the benefit of the doubt.  It was awful and if I were you I'd save my $10.50 ($8 if you choose to attend the matinee).  

I really need to see The Wrestler this weekend but it's only playing in Harvard Square - I'll make the trek!

I have to take a minute and talk about my love for last nights Gossip Girl.  Call it fluff but that show is awesome.  Last nights episode was OMFG moment after OMFG moment.  I love my Monday nights.  Such good TV.  I used to be really into CSI Miami but I'm kind of on a break from it (even though Smalls from The Sandlot was one of the main guys last night).  It's getting kind of boring and I haven't heard Horatio do this classic one liners.  I think he's distributing them few and far between because they're such a damn joke now.

On Gossip Girl last night they played the new Franz Ferdinand song and I totally had a eureka! moment when I was reminded how fucking awesome they are.  Their show remains one of my favorite from my times in New York City!  Their new song Ulysses is fun.  Wicked.

I reckon I'm going to leave promptly at five today so I can go kick some booty at the gym (or rather have it kick my booty).  

xok


2 comments:

patrick said...

How come I never see you take these pictures? You are so sly. I was picking my nose though. Fun fact.

Kristen said...

I am real sly. It still amazes me that I couldn't get the "We Rent Tools" sign. I guess my giggles gave me away.