Sunday, January 25, 2009

What a weekend.  I am exhausted.  I need a few more days to rest.

I suppose I can announce my big news since it's probably 99.9% locked in.  I'm FINALLY MOVING OUT OF MY HOUSE.  I've been looking on my own for a while but I've pretty much stopped my search since I knew I couldn't afford to move out without a roommate.  Last week a good friend of mine, Missy, asked me if I was still looking for a roommate because she would be needing a new one.  She's been living with her BFF Natalie for like EVER but Natalie has decided to move to Texas and go to nursing school (her mom lives there and is going to buy her an apartment rent free or something).

Anyways.  Missy either could choose to go to San Diego (she's from LA) or stay in Boston and find a roommate.  That's where I come in.  We found a pretty sweet apartment (the people that own her current apartment told her about it).  It's so nice.  It's in Abington which is appr 10 minutes from my mom's house.  A little bit closer to my work and close to really cool hangout spots.  It's a two bedroom obvs and both rooms are HUGE.  I can fit my bed, dresser, and hopefully a bookcase and a chair (I went to Ikea yesterday!) in it.  The living space is big and there is a dining room area separate from the kitchen.

Now, this won't be my first time living away from home.  I moved to New York for almost five years for college both living on campus and off.  In 2006 I moved home - and have been here ever since.  So yeah - Im itching to get out.  March 15!!!  

Friday night Hill and I saw Doubt.  I didn't like it to much.  It was boring and slow - but I'm glad I saw it.  I still need to see The Reader, The Wrestler and Frost/Nixon and I'd really like to see Slumdog Millionaire again.  We met up with her hubby after at Chilis.

Saturday I kidnapped Robyn and we went to Ikea to get some ideas on some stuff.  We ate in the glamourous Ikea food court (I say that honestly.   I love it).  Got some really cool ideas.  Then I had to go home and get ready to go out for Gary's birthday.  We met the crew at Fuji for lots of drinks and less food.  I had a glass of wine and a mini version of a Scorpion Bowl. Speaking of Scorpion bowls - they were totally the hot item of the night.  I'm quite sure Pat and I were the only ones not to get the big guys. Hey Gary only has a birthday once a year.  After Fuji 20 of us of so headed down to Commonwealth.  I had a pretty bad taste in my mouth about Commonwealth. I mean - it is the new Pat Flanagans.  I was pleasantly surprised that it does NOT look like P Flans inside and almost - ALMOST - had a little touch of class.  They were playing some pretty sweet 90's r&b tunes courtesy of En Vogue, that band that sang No Diggity, Blu Cantrell, and the band that sang about hard ons.  They ended up getting into more recent tunes but not before playing Boston classics from New Kids on the Block.  Two guys with us willingly expressed their loves for the said boy band.  

I bring you pic-a-tures:


Jenn Ro and I


Photobucket
The Birthday boy and I.  


Photobucket
The Gals!

Photobucket
The lovely Ms Tesorero and I.

Funny story about the first picture. I have been playing with new hair styles and have been watching a lot of Hills on DVD.  And I'm not going to lie - but my little side braid was inspired by Lauren Conrad (and also Blair Waldorf at the Van Der Woodsen/Bass wedding - but I digress).  When I got to Fuji, Jen was like I want your little side braid!!  So Dawn - being the fabulous hair dresser that she is - takes Jen to the ladies room and does up her hair.  Well it was WAY better than mine - so Dawn did mine too.  So naturally we needed pictures together of our awesome hair.

I had seriously so much.  It was one of those drama free nights.  If all nights out could be as awesome as last night I'd be out alot more!

BTW just got my Brain Age down to 44!!!!! I started at 75!  Woop!

xok

6 comments:

CIP said...

Yayyyy for moving out!! Haha, it's so funny because there is an Abington the town over from me.

Kristen said...

HAH really!! That's so funny. I had no idea there was an Abington in PA! I'm so excited to finally have my own place.

jessica maria said...

Woo for moving out! I love people who can embrace change :)

Kristen said...

Oh I am begging for change!! Ah that sounds funny!

patrick said...

Classy in Abington. Your page looks different. I was confused for a minute. That is all. Bye for now.

Kristen said...

I'll be classy in abington soon. True story. My old layout was cutting off all of my pictures. It needed a change. Now it needs some color.