Tuesday, January 06, 2009

For the first time in years I've really thought of some great concise resolutions for 2009:
  • Stop procrastinating:  I have been a hardcore procrastinator since college (hell probably since junior high) and it's continued into my professional work life.  I get all my work done on time but it's the last minute and usually includes me working at night after work "hours."  I do love getting things done ahead of time and I love the feeling of wow that's done - so getting to have that feeling without the stress of "shit - where's this and where's that" - will be a good thing.
  • SAY NO:  I'm such a people pleaser.  I do whatever people want me to do and usually it drives me crazy.  Reminds me of Yes Man alot - which BTW was a great movie - but instead of me saying YES all the time - I need to say no sometimes.  I need to say no and know when to speak up when I think something is just ridiculous.  
  • Stop Worrying:  I worry about everything.  Literally everything.  I try to control situations so I won't have to worry but I have to realize I can't do that and that I should probably chill out.  I look calm from the outside but the anxiety and crap in the inside is just painful.  It feels like it's sitting on my lungs.  So I'm really going to make an effort to stop worrying and realizing it's ok if so and so is mad at me for a day - they'll get over it.  I think things will change now that a certain client of ours is no longer on our roster.  SO much of my stress was stemming from that.  I already feel a little bit better.
  • Exercise and eat better blah blah blah:  I'm serious this time.  I used to be so good at going to the gym - but work being such a time suck in the past year had not make it easy to fit it in (this goes hand in hand with the stress resolution - me stressing less about things I can't control will make it easier for me to gym it!).  And it shows.  So yeah.  Stop eating like shit and get my booty to the gym.  Did I also mention one of my best friends is getting married this year and I need to start doing the bridesmaid dress thing in March?  Oh and my stepsister is getting married (the one I like!!) next April.  I need to be the prettiest bridesmaid so I can bring home the best man (SO kidding on this one at least at Annie's wedding eek).  PS What are the guy's men called?  Groomsmaids? LOL
  • EDIT: Just thought of another one!! Do not stay at work past 5:30 on any given day (unless it's life or death and hopefully I'll work to realize nothing in work is "life and death").  It's currently 5:08 EST.
In conjunction with New Year's I decided to perform a full overhaul on my bedroom on Sunday.  I got rid of four heavy duty bags of clothes I haven't seen or worn in probably over a year.  I really had to look at this crap and be like OK will I EVER wear you again?  NO probably not.  I good-willed studded belts, band shirts (I had alot!!) included some classics that I kind of wish I didn't get rid of (oops) but no this is always my problem - I won't wear them so WHY keep them.  I cleaned my closet out for probably the first time in four years.  I found like 10 pairs of shoes that I thought were long forgotten!!  I found a really cool pair of vans with these pink skulls on them - totally forgot I had them. I tossed like 10 pairs of ugly jeans that will hopefully never see the light of day again and also a long lost pair that still fit (woop!).  I got rid of all hideous shoes and brought my bags down to the good will.  What a great feeling of just knowing you have so much room - and I guess giving clothes to the less fortunate is cool too ;)  Before I went back to battle the mess I bought a over the closet shoe hanger.  Lifesaver much.

Photobucket
That picture should turn itself up soon (if it doesn't just click on it.  It's a goodie) - anywho that's what I got for 10 bucks at Bed, Bath and Beyond.  And I filled all spots!  The missing holes are from my New Balance's (they were already packed for the gym bag!  Zing!)  Also the fact that the closet door is open all that way is also somewhat of a miracle.  I'm trying to see how long I can keep it up!

6 comments:

CIP said...

I need to learn to say no, also!

Lizzy said...

I also sort of made a commitment to myself to get healthier this year. I always go through these phases where I exercise for 2 months and then quit. So I'm definitely planning on doing some pilates at home and maybe going running once or twice a week.

I totally know you'll be able to accomplish all your resolutions. You'll kick their ass.

Anonymous said...

They are called ushers you nerd. :)

Kristen said...

Yeah but saying I want to go home with an usher makes it sound like I'm picking up a nerd from the movies or the people that show you were your seats are at the Gahhhhden. Make a blog you silly ho.

Lauren said...

those shoes have soo many memories..

Kristen said...

LB do see all my amazing shoes! Do you see my anjans!?!? And BTW I gave those pink and black pumas to good will - those ones I looked around for for like 3 months. Feeling a little bad about it.