Friday, February 27, 2009

Scratch that. Five people got laid off this week. The last person was on vaca so she was told on Tuesday. What a great way to come back from vaca huh. Le sigh.

So I've been really getting back into fitness hardcore. I did SPIN again Wednesday night. My mother called me during the day to inform me that her and my stepdad would also be attending. Great. They're going to try to talk to me the whole time and ruin my attempt at a zone out state when I'm working out. When I got there I tried to set my bike up just enough space away from them to not make it look I was trying to avoid them but just enough so I didn't have to talk to them.

I totally kicked ass this time. The new sports bra helped (yes it's really called the Ta Ta Tamer - and tame the girls it did). I see my stepdad totally struggling and I can't help to giggle a little bit. I'm horrible I know. He's always like I have the energy of a 24 year old kid (he's 55) and he does - most of the time. He's always super competitive too - which is probably where I get it from. I see him get up and whisper something to my mom. And he bolts. Before I could even start to tease him after the class he gave me 18 reasons why he couldn't finish the whole class. And he EVEN had a butt pad for the seat. Which I may need to invest in. My butt bone really hurts after SPIN. I'm sure it has a technical name. But yeah it hurts. I'm glad my seat at work is nice and cushioned.

I also went to the gym last night to see my favorite instructor who's been on vaca. That class is a mix of free weights, cardio and strecthing. Just what I need after SPIN. Then next week I'm going to do a Zumba class down the street from my house with Chris. Hope I can keep this up once I move. Our apartment building had a gym - and it's right next to our unit. Perf.

P. Dunn and I are seeing Drug Rug tonight. We love them.

I'm so boring lately. As I was cuddling into bed with some tea and wine - yes I drink both at the same time and have no qualms what-so-ever - I noticed my two precious kitty cats were sleeping side by side on my bed. It made me sad that I would have to leave them. My bed is their home. Then I heard that my room will be used as a "junk room" when I leave because they're doing the bathroom over and it's next to my room. Where are the kitties going to sleep? These are the things that keep me up. Ok anywhosit. I took a picture and planned on uploading it today but the birthday girl - my office mate - took her camera cord back. We share everything in here. Soon my blogger friends - soon.

Oh BTW. My obsession of the week:


I know it's a few weeks old but I am obsessed with it. I had only seen the uncensored one on NBC and on TV so I hadn't gotten the full effect. "Fuck land. I'm on a boat." Has Andy Samberg been spying on my friends and I?

So about a year and half ago my best friend announced she was getting married - ON A BOAT. The whole idea of a cruise really spazzed me out. I don't know just looking out and seeing sea - all around me was making me anxious just thinking about it. So one night we all got together for drinks and dinner for a friends birthday and our friend Jess - who is the champion lightweight gets wasted and is trying to sell me on the cruise. She is naming all the reasons why being on a boat is cooler than land - and ends her very eloquent speech with a very loud "FUCK LAND." We all thought this was hilarious so the boys are trying to get her to say it as much as possible and with each time she is getting more and more passionate about how much she hates land. Well she is so infamous so this rant she is sometimes called "Fuck Land" - hey is Fuck Land coming? It's probably one of the most overused sayings in my little circle. And for good reason. it's high-larious. While I'm sure we're not the only ones that hold "fuck land" close to our hearts - I'd like to think that's our own personal little shoutout.

So ladies and gents. Happy Friday. Oh and .. FUCK LAND.

xok

4 comments:

rachaelgking said...

SOMEHOW I had not seen that!!! Thank you... thank you so much. That made my Friday, and I'm not even suffering at work!

xoxo

CIP said...

Yikes...I hate that people are getting laid off, especially in PR :(

patrick said...

You got the story wrong. Jess and I were talking about cruises, and she was listing all the 90,000 awesome things that happened to her when she was on a cruise. Well, to counterpoint her 90,000 awesome things, I had 90,000 thing I hated about cruises. One of them was land, I said I would rather be walking around on land, because, there was more to do, and you get kind of restricted on a cruise, and that I hated the days at sea. She looked around the room, and had this disgusting look on her face, and said, "Laaaaand?....... Fuck Land!"

She then went on to say that we spent all of of our lives on land, and we should live it up on a boat every now and then. She had some valid points, and I think won the argument. The best is that this was the first time I met her.

Kristen said...

LiLu: Yes it's amazing and somehow does not get old!

Jess: I know! But when companies are looking to cut costs - PR generally goes first.

Pat: However the story went - it's going down in history. And she totally won the argument.