Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Happy Hump Day!

I can't believe it's Wednesday already.  I for one couldn't be more excited.  Wednesday signify the almost end of the week.  Can you tell I'm just dying for a day off?  

I had a pretty chill yet fun weekend.  Friday night Robyn and I went to Chilis before heading to Lydia and Phils for Grace's rave themed birthday party.  Unlike the goth party - I did not dress up for this one.  I was just starting to feel the beginnings of a cold roll over me and I was up so early for the seminar.  So my story was to tell them the only knowledge I have of a rave is from the movie GO!  so I dressed normal like Katie Holmes' character.  It was fun.  I feel like I so rarely get to see those guys so it was good to see them.  I didn't stay long as I was pretty much falling asleep on the couch.  Yeah I was THAT girl.

Saturday Robyn and I went to the mall for some shopping and chatting.  We decided we might have to go to Bamboozle because of the KICK-ASS lineup.  In short: No Doubt, Third Eye Blind, Taking Back Sunday, Bloodhound Gang, Fall Out Boy and probably others I'm missing but those are the best.  It's not in Asbury Park anymore to my dismay but it's now held at the Meadowlands in Jersey so it's only just about 4 hours away - also exact mileage that I used to drive when I went to Hofstra.  

I was going to hang in on Saturday night to nurse my looming cold but I remembered that my friends Dawn and Chris were having a Wii night at their place so I really couldn't pass it up.  Pat met me at the Home Depot in Rockland (how classy of us)  as I have NO idea how to get to their house and we made our way over.  Jen and Justin who I adore were also there and Gary and Lisa showed up later with their party pants on shortly after.  We played Mario Kart (well ok I didn't but everyone else did) and then the boys cleared the room while the ladies played Wii Cheer.  Holy shit.  There isn't a more fun game to play.  I absolutely need to buy this game when I have a Wii.  Then Dawn played Dancing With the Stars on the Wii.  The rest of us hung back because she was clearly better than the rest of us.

The boys came in after the coast was clear and played Punch Out on the Wii.  I guess it's like this old Nintendo game that all the guys in the room had stories about playing it when they were lil ones.  

Meanwhile I played with Dawn and Chris' new puppy Harris!  He is a gorgeous brown lab!  Sweetest dog in the world.  Seriously.  I tried taking him home.  They would not let me.  Also spending the night with us was their daughter Regan who is the toughest little kid I've ever met.  I swear she is destined to be a stunt woman.  She is fearless.  I kind of tried to take her too.

I don't know how the next part of the night happened but all of a sudden we're watching the dog show on Animal Planet.  We were so entranced by this show - we must have watched it for two hours.  Exciting us the most were the names of the "handlers".  One of the bests was Boy Sukit.  Yes that was his name.  The laughs I had - I swear they cured my cold. Then Gary and Pat were telling stories about causing trouble in that same neighborhood when they were kids.  It never ceases to amaze me all the voices Pat and Gary can do.  I think I heard renditions of Pats Mom, Pats dad, Norm (my favorite), Norm's dad, Pat's grandfather, Ron and many more.  I laughed so hard my stomach hurt.

Sunday I did typical sunday things.  I did a workout class on demand.  The one I did this time was Biggest Loser Cardio and the hot host Bill (Bob?) from The Biggest Loser leads it.  It was so awesome.  I did some laundry and also cooked some SuperBowl-ish food.  I did NOT watch the game.  I watched a few commercials and tuned in for the half-time show so I could rouse my boss about Bruce Springsteen ( she LOVES him).  We've had a picture of The Boss (Springsteen - not MY boss) on our door for months.

Monday I felt like death.  I didn't sleep at all Sunday night.  Monday night I slept better and by Tuesday my cold was gone.  However last night I was back to hardly sleeping at all.  My mind is racing with apartment things.  When should I start cleaning my room out, where will I put everything, what IS under my bed and other prodding questions.  I also have picked out a few things from the Ikea catalog which I am planning to feature in an upcoming blog.

Oh I also finally told my mom and step-dad I was leaving.  They're already making plans for the room when I go - so yeah they took it well :)

xok

4 comments:

jessica maria said...

Yeah, come to Bamboozle!!!! Let's hang!

Kristen said...

I am like 99.9% sure I am going! As soon as my friend can get her ticket I'm going to get mine. I was kind of toying with the idea but then I saw the whole set list I knew I HAD TO!

I figured you'd hit it up because of No Doubt! If I end up going we'll totally have to meet up!

Is the man's band playing? I didn't see them on the list but you never know!

patrick said...

You know. Your mom has had plans for that room forever.

Kristen said...

Well she kept it all nice when I was in college.
I'm dying to see what she's going to do with it. God the walls are so ugly.