Monday, December 15, 2008

I think I'm done with my Christmas shopping!  I say this and I'm sure I'll be running back to the mall for something.  But I'm done shopping for all the important people in my life.  

I was torn between getting my mom and stepdad a night in Boston Park Plaza Hotel for New Years (only $179 a night!!!!!) and dinner at the Melting Pot, or tickets to Fleetwood Mac.  I decided (and after polling people in my office) to get them Fleetwood Mac tickets.  My mom is so not up on it so I don't even think she knows they're on sale so it should be an awesome surprise.  Pretty good seats too.  I think everyone will be excited with my gift giving this year.

Hillary and I went to Jingle Ball last Thursday night.  So NOT my scene at all but we got VIP passes and I heard there was an open bar - so obvi I was in.  Oh and I really like Katy Perry.  We got in and decided to grab some food and drinks and grab a table - before we even walk in a young handsome man strolls by - and he is followed by about a half dozen screaming girls - we were like WTF!!  It was Jesse McCartney - totally the best Justin Timberlake wannabe out of all the wannabes.  We get our drinks and sit down and Natasha Bedingfield is walking toward us.  Like I said NOT my scene - but when I see someone famous I can't help but to get a little giddy - so I'm like Hi Nastasha!  Yeah I'm so lame.  Hillary is lamer though because whenever one of the acts came by I'd have to tell her who they were (or does that make me the lamest?).

Next act was coming on.  We didn't hear the announcer but we heard 12,000 screaming voices - David Archuleta - now I am and was David Cook fan but we decided to tell David we voted for him anyways if we came up.  While we were watching Archie (that's what the kids call him), Lady Gaga and her entourage of crazy looking men walk by.  She is prettier and less tranny looking in person but looked WAY coked out.

Hinder came on next.  OK I love Hinder - the two songs I know by them - but really I love their lead singer the most.  True story I didn't know his name until that night but since they've been around I've just been enamoured.  His name is Austin Winkler.  What a name.  Anyways I'm telling Hillary how much I like him - how you know he would totally pull your hair in bed - ok going way off topic.  They're awful.  They weren't even allowed real instruments.  Seriously agonizing.  Don't worry I'm going somewhere with this story.

Katy Perry came on next.  We went to sit in our real seats which really weren't seats at all.  They were kind of hanging over the stage so we pushed these little bitches out of the way.  She played four songs: Hot N Cold, Thinking Of You, my personal favorite Waking Up in Vegas and the worst song EVER, I kissed a girl.  The amount of girls under 15 who were singing that was insane.  INSANE.  I really want to see Katy when she tours now for real.  Her album is so good.  I Kissed a Girl is awful - but if you give her album a chance you won't be sorry.

Anyways we decided to go back to VIP to see if we could run into Katy.  We grabbed another drink and sat down at a bar table.  We decided we were going to leave but decided to people watch during a band (artist?) called Kevin Rudolf.  We see a gaggle of ladies (mom's seriously) run towards this group of guys and we see through the glitter and the sequins of the tweens- that it's Hinder.  I'm dying.  Pretty much.  Again not my scene, so I just sit back and watch - meanwhile Hillary is like fidgeting with her camera phone for a photo op.  They get free of the giggling gals and as if the lead singer - Austin - is reading my mind he walks over to me caresses my arm and kind of holds my hand for 4 seconds - and is like "Hey you" in his sexy voice.  I'm not over exaggerating at all seriously.  Maybe I look like someone he knows but yeah - we connected.  Ask Hillary she was like HOLY SHIT - HE totally came to YOU!  I decided if they stayed around for drinks I was going to chat him up - but they looked like they were on their way out.  Dying.  Like a 15-year old I was like "NEVER washing this sweater."  In love.  I googled him when I got home to find him married to a Playmate.  Great.  Yeah totally my nerd moment of the year.

My weekend was chill.  I did my Christmas cards, finished the shopping and got a matching mani pedi in festive holiday colors.  Work is super super stressful lately - literally every day I get to keep my job is a good day (not because I'm not good at my job because I am!  Just some major major shifts happening).  I'm just counting down the days till my mini vaca  - I am vowing to shut my email down for a week.  Totally NOT going to happen but hey.  

Oh and my nail salon gave me this as a christmas gift (note festive holiday color):


Ho ho ho!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, sounds fun, and open bar always equals a good time.

patrick said...

You lost me at Jingle Ball.

Kristen said...

That's where it starts getting good!!

patrick said...

Okay, I decided to give it a second ago ahead, and then the next sentence you lost me at Katy Perry.

The only saving grace would have been Rihanna, but I scanned your essay and couldn't find her name anywhere. Did I just say essay?

Kristen said...

Actually I was kind of mad Rihanna wasn't there. She was at all of the other radio shows. I know you have a special place in your heart for her umbrella - ella ella ellla.