Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Where did my long weekend go??
It was over before it started.  But it was a good one!

I took Friday off for my last STO (summer time off, natch) day my company so graciously gives to all employees.  I got my hair cut ( needed it SO bad ), got my car inspected ( was NOT going to forget about that ) and got a mani/pedi with Hurdy.  We decided it should be date night so we planned an outing to Fuji, by far my favorite place to get sushi in the South Shore area.  The drinks are amazing and the sushi is insane.  And anyone will tell you the highlight is the TV in the mirrors of the bathroom.  John and one of his work friends decided to join to.  We got SO much sushi.  We ate all but probably 2 pieces.  I took a picture of it with the enV but it didn't come out for some reason.  Sad because it was such a beautiful presentation.  Hillary was handicapped with her chopsticks so the waitress gave her "training wheels" for her sushi.  So funny.  I already want to go back this weekend.

Saturday night I kidnapped Robyn to come to Boston with me for Miss Heather's birthday!  Pictures of that to come later.  We met the ladies at HRC for drinks and then we moved on to the Black Rose where I saw the jerk who runs the nautilus at the YMCA playing in his "band".  And by "band" I mean he just kind of stood there.  I guess this story is only funny to people who have been bullied by him.  Anywho we discovered the Black Rose has a cool loungey type of place upstairs so we found ourselves some comfy chairs and chit chatted.  Alysse is telling her friends how when she was 13 I showed her what a 69 was by using my hands.  I decided to this time show her using my empty beer glass and Robyn's what I thought was empty beer bottle.  You know how this goes when I turned her beer bottle upside down I spilled it all over my legs, my shoes and even a little on the guys at the table next to me.  Robyn typically will leave like 2-3 inches of beer still in the glasss because apparently it's filled with backwash?? But she'll finish other drinks.  Yeah makes no sense to me.  After the BR we made our way to Hennessey - which was a place I've never been to nor have I never seen but they claim to be the best irish bar in Boston (lie).  They had cheap drinks and a pretty decent band who did good Killers covers.  Made it an early-ish night but still had a blast.

Sunday I invited some folks over for some fun in the sun.  Annie made an appearance seeing as I haven't seen her in like two months.  Tt was fun.  We gossiped and swam and talked about how awesome my guacamole was.  OK maybe not the last one but my guacamole made a re appearance but boy it was good. I think the one the week before may have been a little better but oh well.  Later Pat, John, Hill and I got some takeout and watched the new Harold and Kumar and The Bank Job - both which were pretty good.  Rounded out the night with some Mad Men and more fun.

Monday was a pretty chill day.  I made my probably last attempt at getting more color.  I swear I have an SPF force field around me.  I could sit in the sun ALL day long and get NOTHING.  Not a tan, not a burn.  Nothing.  Guess that's a good thing.  Monday, however, brought back two of my favorite shows:  Gossip Girl and One Tree Hill.  Gossip Girl is a new favorite of mine.  I watched last season off and on but I bought the DVD probably about three weeks ago that THAT turned me into a super fan.  My sordid history with One Tree Hill is a little deeper.I started watching this show at season 3 I think and from the last ep of that season I was HOOKED.  WHY do I like this show?  Honestly.  I can't turn it off.  EVER.  

I watched the new 90210 last night which was ok but better with mine and Pat's running commentary.  Long story short, girl from Nip/Tuck is the new Mischa Barton (talentless and homely), the whole cast needs to EAT big time, and Lucille Bluth may single handedly be the coolest grandma in the world, oh and Shannon Doherty needs to stay the whole season.  Fact.

xok

No comments: