Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I have been so neglectful to my blog lately.
I've been so busy, from two presentations I have to give in Minneapolis tomorrow and Friday and other work stuff that should be taking precedence but isn't, I've barely had time to slow down.  I'm waiting for someone to call me right now so I found it good time to blog it up.

Tie at # 10 but obvs I had to leave the Raconteurs.  Sometimes I look at this and I'm like Hmmm I listened to this and that alot more than I thought.
Anywho.  Speaking of awesome amazinggg mindblowing music - DRUG RUG was on 90210 last night!?!? Seriously.  Who knows of them outside of Boston?  Maybe I'm just being naive but boy was I excited!!  I yelled out many times during last nights episode but that was probably the loudest and most excited.  I also yelled when they KEPT alluding to who Kelly Taylor's baby daddy was and then finally when they revealed who it was.  SPOILER ALERT it's Dylan McKay's.  I was really banking on it being Steve Sanders because of the crazy blonde hair on the kid.  Oh well.  Kudos Drug Rug.

Another 90210 tidbit a co worker and I were talking about.  Remember when the first 90210 was out and EVERY girl wanted to be Kelly Taylor or Brenda Walsh.  Everyone wanted to be them and wear what they were wearing and have a cordless phone in their room (ok maybe that was just me).  I have memories of my dad letting me watch it and I would walk around his apartment pretending I was Kelly.  I don't know if it's because I'm older but I think the characters esp the girls Annie who is "Brenda" and Silver "I don't know who she'd be" in this revival of 90210 are so gross.  I don't look at them thinking "Man they're SO cool I want to be like them" (Ok so I may say that while watching the Hills and/or Gossip Girl ALL THE TIME) I look at them and think "Please eat a sandwich.  No really please".  When did NO boobs or any sort of shape become in??  They are both so frighteningly thin and sick looking it's scary.  Don't get me wrong I totally LOVE this new revival of the very popular 90's show - but I don't think it's going to resonate NEARLY as much as the first one did.

In other awesome television news, Fringe was kind of amazing last night.  Not because of the weirdly aged newborn but for all the Stoughton references!!!! As Liz and I kept noticing - there is NO damn water in Stoughton and there is NO bridge that looks anything like that - or like the Verrazano and I previously noted. Good episode though.  Can't wait till they come to Braintree and bust some crazy science experiment going down at Motel 6.

For good measure - some Drug Rug fun I found on YouTube.  The first one is from March 21 2008 when I saw them with The Cribs (who are equally awesome):


Winter Time




For The Rest of Your Life
This one shows you how incredible the lady singer, Sarah's (who reminds me SO much of Teeter Sperber!) voice is.

xo

2 comments:

Lizzy said...

Those girls on 90210 freak me out. The network has been getting slammed with phone calls and emails about those girls being so skinny and how it isn't a good influence on young women.

Apparently one of them is like 100lbs and the other is 90lbs. It's sick, but it's also really sad they feel they need to do that to themselves.

patrick said...

Poor Drug Rug, they probably needed to eat this month and had to sell a song to 90210. I'd probably do the same thing too.