Monday, September 29, 2008

I can't even put into words how amazing the New Kids on the Block were.  How are they still fantastic!?!?  I found out that I was going Friday. On Thursday Robyn got two tickets and because Hillary and I both wanted to go we had to fight it out.   We told Robyn we were going to wrestle but really we picked a name out of a ramekin.  My name came out so I promised Hillary a bottle of wine and a t shirt.

Sunday Robyn and I met Cailtin and Liz at Quincy Adams and we headed in, with a plan to grab some drinks before heading into the craziness.  Well truth be told craziness came when we hit the Green Line and there were a ton of girls with old school NKOTB memorabilia including the mini dinner plate pins and the water bottles.  One of the women started playing Please Don't go Girl on her iPhone (which I decided I want BTW) and I did my Joey McIntyre dance - that I just made up yesterday.

Enjoyed some pumpkin beer and some crazy ass nachos at Boston Beer Worlds and we headed over to the garden at about 715.  I went to go look for a shirt for Hillary and the one I wanted to get her was sold out EVERYWHERE so I settled on an equally awesome one.  We went in to get our seats (which were insane) and watched the tail end of Natasha Bedingfield who is tragic and should be a rock star instead of the crap music she plays. 

New Kids came out around 8pm.  The opening was powerful.  Moving if you will.  Laugh go ahead but man it was chill inducing.  Cliff's notes on the show:
  • Their new stuff I decided is NOT good - cept maybe a few songs
  • They played ALL the goodies and were amazing doing so
  • Jordan totally ripped his shirt off at one point - actually I think a fan (LOL a actual fan not a fanatic - when I read this over I laughed my ass off) blew it open and performed one of his solo songs like that
  • Donnie picked up a guitar - but NEVER played it
  • Donnie is hot
  • Jonathan is adorable and I'm still waiting for him to break out of his shell
  • Did I mention how fabulous they are?
I took four videos and you can see them all at my YouTube page but here is my favorite:

Tonight!!! Kind of my favorite New Kids song. Mostly because it reminds me of being a lil lady and being
sad I didn't have straight hair but when I heard this song and hearing them sing about the "girls with the
curls in their hair" always made me feel cooler than everyone else. :)

We trudged to the T to make our way home. I was tired but still on a concert high which can ONLY describe what happened next. So we're walking down to the platform in Park Street and I see this guy. I'm like I know him. I don't know how though. Ah ha!! I got it!! It's Rich Cronin. Rich Cronin from the band LFO. Don'tlie. You remember them. So blogspot is being mean and is not letting me put the video in here. So click here for some LFO awesomeness. He's the blonde one that points alot. Anyways. I geeked out and apparently said "Oh btw that was Rich Cronin" really loud and then started singing "I like girls that wear Abercrombie Fitch" which probably wasn't so nice of me. Rich I apologize (if I were famous I would Google Alert my name!) for making an ass. Anywho. He looked hot! I wanted to go on his train to talk him up but my uneventful friends wouldn't let me in fear of embarrassment. I just wanted to ask him if he went to the New Kids or the game (my money is on the New Kids). And maybe some more. Oh and also to tell him the Life is Good album was like my anthem of 2001 - and apparently September/October of 2008 because I am so into it again. Thank you Rich Cronin.

xok

3 comments:

patrick said...

I think I am just going to keep all comments to myself.

Kristen said...

No! Share!

Heidi Renée said...

I went to the Friday NKOTB concert! It was the best thing in my whole life, and I'm only partly exaggerating.