Friday, November 14, 2008

So Wednesday night, Robyn and I went to see The Academy Is.. at the Roxy.  I can't explain my love of them.  I don't follow the whole Fall Out Boy/Cobra Starship/Gym Class Heroes bull but I just love The Academy Is...  Their albums are always strong and I generally love every single song and yes I might have a fan girl crush on William Beckett.  I know he weighs as much as my boobs but he's just so cute.
He's the dude in the middle for those who are wondering ;).  It took me forever to pick a picture of them I actually liked.  Clearly they all spend way too much time on their hair and  I don't care.  

Did I also mention we were the oldest people there who weren't accompanying children?  I made the merch guy feel totally inappropriate of course.  There was an adorable hoodie - and as I've learned before everything sold at shows like this are actually in Abercrombie sizing.  A large really means an extra small.  So I put it boldly:

Me: What size is that?
Awkward merch dude: Medium.
Me: Hmmm well me and the girls here, we take up alot of room.  **as this point it grab my boobs** (and before you say OMG slut I was a C cup in third grade so I've been dealing with this crap forever!)
Awkward: Ahh emm umm
Me: Can I try it on?

Just like I predicted there was enough room everywhere else but the boobies.  Rats.  

Anyways we got there early enough to see We The Kings who were adorable and did a really cool cover of "Feel Good" by the Gorillas.  The lead singer is a raging redhead and in his part to "Save the Redheads" they sell a shirt at the shows that says "I love redheads."  That provided me endless giggles.  They also have a shirt that says "We the kings will own your face."  I appreciated that too.

TAI came out for about an hour (WTF is that about boys) but packed it with all my favorites but not Sleeping with Giants which is prettyyy much my favorite.  I was all set to hear them play "The Test" acoustic as I mentioned on this post.  Instead they came out and played a new song - which apparently was the first time they've ever played it.  All in all they were fucking awesome.  I have pictures and one video so hopefully I'll get a chance to load them this weekend.  I was going to have two videos but "Checkmarks" makes me so happy that I couldn't focus on taping - I just needed to dance.

In other amazing exciting news - I discovered there is an ULTA in Massachusetts!!! Yes you have seen right.  I guess this means very little to people who are just experiencing it for the first time but it is this AMAZING store that's better - yes BETTER than Sephora.  They had one in New York and Lauren and I would go all the time.  It's like a Sephora but instead of all high end stuff it's high-end stuff, middle stuff and also products from Cover Girl, Clairol and maybe even the old favorite - Wet N Wild.

I went up to see my good friends Hillary and John last night at their new apt and we decided we could explore the area a bit and grab some food.  As we are pulling into the parking lot I see it - I probably gave poor John a heart attack and I knew as soon as I told Hillary what it was she would die.  I immediately apologized for the heart attack and for the fact that Hillary would find a new place to spend money.  They have EVERYTHING here.  I was sure they would have my discontinued Frederic Fekkai shampoo and conditioner - sadly they did not.

Since I've been little I've always had an obsession with shampoo.  I would get my allowance and walk down to Shaw's of F&M (omg remember that place!!) and I would buy a new conditioner and shampoo.  I just love that first day with a new shampoo - the honeymoon phase if you will.  After discussing my love of FF with a sales gal she brought me over to Biolage and said that this one variety was the best for my hair.  Side note: When I was looking for that link I saw that it got a Self Health and Beauty Award in 2008 so that's exciting!!  Working in PR I know how hard stuff like that is and that award winners go through vigorous testing.  For the record my hair feels amazing (Pat I am so sorry I know I told you I would stop talking about hair and dresses!!).

Anywho I am very happy with my purchase.  Also I couldn't walk out without a new OPI nail laquer called Don't Toy with Me.  That link does NOT do it justice.

xok

4 comments:

patrick said...

As soon as you started talking about Ulta, I kind of stopped reading. Then I saw my name, so then I had to keep reading. I had some comments about those girls you have crushes on. One of them was really pretty.

Kristen said...

You like the pretty fella in the middle too huh ;)

Ulta!! I need a field trip to the one in Plymouth soon.

<3 J. said...

I am so jealous!! I honestly love The Academy Is. I started listening to them in high school when all my guy friends were going through a taking back sunday/dashboard, grow my hair out, emo phase. I still love it!

Kristen said...

Oh the emo phase. I wore jeans a studded belt and a black shirt for like two years straight. What was I thinking.
HAH and I still love taking back sunday.