Wednesday, November 26, 2008

TGIW!  Thank god it's wednesday.  I am seriously over the moon that I don't have to work and wake up early for the next two days.  Actually that's a lie.  I will be taking advantage of black friday sales on Friday morning.  It annoys me that the sales don't come out till tomorrow - but I'm an industrious young lady so I found them online at Black Friday 2008.

Based on what I saw there I will be hitting up Target, Best Buy, Kohl's (maybe) and Old Navy (another maybe).  I plan to put together a list of people who I'm getting xmas presents together and killing it in one fowl swoop.  Totally won't happen but I'll try.

I don't really like Thanksgiving.  I don't like the food and my mom always invites her crazy brother and sister and their equal if not more crazy kids.  She thinks they're crazy too and generally trys to stay away from them but always ends up calling them.  To top it off crazy stepsister will also be attending.  I predict my anxiety will either a. keep me hidden in my bedroom or b I'll probably end up leaving and making an excuse that someone else invited me over.   

When I get married and have kids I'm not going to make a big deal about Thanksgiving.  I'm going to let them vote on their favorite foods and I'll make it all.  Kind of like Signs.  Except we won't be abducted by aliens.

Anywho.  Last weekend was eventful.  I saw Twilight.  Yes I did.  I thought it was great and I expected way more crazies than I encountered.  This one group of girls next to us we're echoing our sentiments of crazies and then they proceed to tell us they waited 18 hours at the local mall to meet Robert Pattison.  Um yeah that's crazy.  Overall I really enjoyed the movie.  Maybe even more than the book.  It was fun - though the movie Hill and I would be like "I totally pictured their house being brown" or "Really that's what they think Eric looks like."  They set up the end perfectly.

Grattuitous Robert Pattison photo:

Saturday I lounged around, drank alot of coffee, lunched with Annie and took a nap.  I haven't napped in years.  It was exhilarating.  Seriously amazing.  I hadn't seen the elusive Patrick Dunn in like year (ok more like a few weeks) so we planned some major hangoutage.  We went to Club Chilis - which is actually Chili's but since our hero Liz Lemon called it Club Chilis so will we.  After other defunct plans we decided to go hang out with Gary who was still in his pajamas at his house. We played SceneIt! Seinfeld and it was all I hoped it would be.  I'm not as good as I thought I would be.  Gary and Molly were the best.  While Gary got ready I played with this dog he was dog sitting and Pat played selections from his iTunes.  The dogs name was D'Artagnan but Pat kept calling him Diedre.  Super cute.  

We then trickled on down to Rockland hot spot Player's (Club - we'll add club to anything).  This place is cool because it's got alot of everything.  Darts and pool tables, a pimp bar and huge TV's and then another area for functions and bands to play.  This band called the Smoking Jacket's were playing Saturday night and they were good!  They knew EVERYTHING.  They would go from Sublime, to Tom Petty to Justin Timberlake.  The ladies danced while the boys chatted.  There was some shadyness going on at one point while we were outside getting fresh air (It was like 25 degrees outside but 125 degrees inside).  I get a frantic text from Pat so I come back in and he's running towards the door "Fight!".  What?  Yeah there was a fight between this HUGE guy who promoting for Alex's and the bar tender.  BY that time we decided to leave anyways.  We talked on our respective rides home and I listened to Pat's philosophies on where signs should be in relative to their actual location, why I should watch my favorite shows WHEN they are on if I don't want them to be cancelled (Pushing Daisies and Dirty Sexy Money RIP) and other goodies.  Pat I will make a book someday of all your thoughts.  

Got to hustle if I want to leave early.  I'm stupid and scheduled a conference call with my account team at 2pm EST.  Hoping to get out after that.

xok

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray for Black Friday shopping. Good luck getting it all done and kudos to you for being so prepared and checking everything out ahead of time!

Hope Thanksgiving goes well even though you don't like it! <3

Kristen said...

HAHA I'm sure it won't go as planned and I already saw like 100 things that I want to buy for myself.
I'm sure Thanksgiving will be fine. I'll just drink a lot. When I drink a lot I don't seem to be as bothered!

Lizzy said...

Move Children! Vamanos!

Yah, Twilight was awesome, I must agree. Robert Pattinson has been my favorite celeb for like 4 months now, but I think his status has been upped since seeing the film.

Good luck with the Black Friday shopping.

Kristen said...

AHHA Amazing!! Did we watch that last time when I was at your house. I could seriously watch it over and over and over. What are your plans this weekend? Lunch maybe? I'll im you :)

patrick said...

I do not remember the band at all, but then again, I was lingering on the other side of the fence. By fence, I mean bar.

It's not Deidre, its Dee-Air-Er-Dra.

Kristen said...

I told you their name was the Smoking Jackets and you were like "Are they wearing Smoking Jackets?" After I told you they were not you said you wanted nothing to do with them. They just started to get into the good stuff when the fight started. Good times, good times.