Monday, August 04, 2008

Weekend obsessions installment #409845
MAD MEN
This is pretty much the best show EVER.  I got hooked last summer because of Pat's good words for it and I bought season 1 in July which made me fall even more in love with it.  When you think of AMC you don't think of ground breaking programming but this is certainly an exception.  Last nights ep was stellar and it's only going to get better.  So if you don't watch this show you'd better start.  10pm Sundays.

MY CUSTOM VAN
Some of the funniest shit I ever read.  I actually missed him when he came to the Border's down the street and I'm seriously regretting it after reading this book.  If you've ever seen ANY I Love.... series on VH1 you have already been introduced to Michael Ian Blacks humor.  This book is made up of great short stories/anecdotes/crazyness/what if situations.  I have never laughed so hard.  Favs include 'TACO PARTY", "What I would do if I was Billy Joel on the way to a party that had a Piano", "Open letters to Celine Dions husband", "My New Years Resolutions", "Open letters to the first girl I fingered", and tons more.  Genious.  Such unintentional humor.  If you laugh at yourself all day long you will appreciate this humor.

All in all this weekend was fantastic.  I left work early on Friday because it was SUPER slow and all my projects were completed for the day (seriously NEVER going to happen again) so I went to Old Navy to use my coupon that Heather gave me (thanks HW!).  I got cute bermuda-ish shorts for the work trip to Utah (I have to TRY to fit in with out all outdoor nerds) and some cute tops.  Went home, sunned and swimmed and read (still on New Moon of the Stephanie Meyer series.  Too slow) and I took a NAP!  A NAP!! I haven't taken a nap since college.  Pat and I went to Chilis for good food, drinks and fun times.  That place never gets old.  There was a woman talking to me before Pat got there and she was doing a raging crossword puzzle.  Weird.  She kept noting that my Dirty Martini looked good and inquired what made it dirty.  Olive juice.  She gasped!!!! Who would like olive juice in their drink she shrieked!

After we met with Hill and John and went out for the Mr's birthday to The Half Door where I saw not ONE but TWO ex boyfriends that I decided they are the only two I don't mind running into.  After that we went to Clash of the Ask aka the new Sarsfields AKA Class of the Ass.  I'm offically calling it Class of the Ass forever.  We danced and sang SO much that we were sore and we lost our voices.  My butt still hurts from shaking it :)

Sat was a relaxing day.  We did a yum lunch at the Cheesecake Factory and later in the night we got take out and watched Meet the Spartans (DUMBBBBB) and Drillbit Taylor (JUST OK).  

Sunday Andrea, Hill, John and I went to see Step Brothers which is exactly how I expected it to be - funny and inappropriate as hell.  We went to lunch and gabbed about everything.  Vaca's to wine country, Disney and cruises.  

xo

2 comments:

jessica maria said...

obsessed with mad men as well. um, joan is the most amazing character ever. that is all.

Kristen said...

She totally is!
My girlfriends and I talked about an hour friday night on how we would give a left arm to be her.
And John Hamm is insanely sexy.