Tuesday, August 26, 2008

In my quest to be Martha Stewart, I decided to take on making two classic summer staples for my impromptu cookout this past saturday.
Guacamole
Seriously so good.  I think I got the recipe from Barefoot Contessa.  I used fresh squeezed lemons and everything.  I think I might make it again this weekend.  My next plan is home made salsa.

Also made some BADASS Sangria.


There was more in there but we drank it.  Duh.  I put oranges, apples and pears in it.  Best part is eating the fruit after.  So good.  I was very proud of myself.

The rest of the day was filled with pool fun, grill masters, talks about politics and camp rock (??).

Two more work days this week!  I've been feeling really positive at work lately.  I've been getting all my work done on time and being really diligent on items that I would in the past put to the back burner and stepping up on projects.  I got my review last week.  Everything I have to work on I 100% agree with and I am making a concise effort to improve those things so I can get a raise (monetary and merit) before the end of the year.  Is it nerdy that I really just want a better title?? Probably. 

Anyways this will be my first long weekend in like a million years.  No big plans.  Mom's trying to get me to visit them at the campground but I boycotted camping for a reason.  Maybe planning something epic.  Maybe not.

Off topic:  Hillary Clinton's speach was amazing at the DNC.  Another off topic: Obama-Biden looks strangely like Osama Bin Laden.  Am I the only one to notice?!

xok


No comments: