Tuesday, August 19, 2008


So I was a previous hater of Paramore but recently I have become a huge fan.  I just LOVE her damn voice and that CD is ragin.  Anywho I got tickets to see them quite a while ago and I JUST remembered last Friday that it was SUNDAY!! Woah.  

So Pat and I make our way to Providence.  About half way there in a town in Mass I have never heard of, this cop starts following me really close - but not pulling me over.  All of the sudden the cop puts his lights on and pulls me over!!  So I fidget around for my registration that of course I can't find and the cop says to me "I pulled you over because your driving an unregistered car.  This cars registration ended in June 08"  I no joke was like "Are you serious??"  He's like yes ma'am. Luckily he was being nice and he let me go with the promise I would get it registered the next day oh and a nice fat citation.  Pat says they could have arrested me.

The show was at Providence Piers and it was a DUMP.  We couldn't find a place to park so finally after much driving around (past seedy strip clubs named Cheaters and nudie stores) we FINALLY parked in this random lot where my car was at like a 45 degree down angle.  Not fun.  We met up with Heather and Alysse once we got in to the concert area that resembled Warped Tour 2005 (again NOT fun).

Phantom Planet played and they were actually really good.  They played California. Obvs.

Paramore was incredible.  I was too busy rocking out to take any pictures honestly.  We weren't going to leave until we heard Misery Business and as soon as it started Pat's like LET's run down and try to get in front.  Why I thought it was a good idea I don't know but we got pretty close.  I dropped my sunglasses, Gucci ones natch and had a mini freakout but I grabbed them.  Thank god.

More randomness follows.



Miss Alysse and I and Pat's peace sign.


This guy was looking at us real weird so to elliminate weirdness Pat says "I work for CW". Which he does not.

And for point of reference the shady place I parked at.  Was RIGHT under the big bug you see on 95 right before getting into Prov:

Superrrr shady.  


xok



3 comments:

Lizzy said...

Why is all of Providence super skeezy? Every show I go to down there makes me feel like I am taking my life into my hands lol.

Take lots of pics in LA. I want to see EVERYTHING. I'm hoping to go next year, so I'll need recommendations of where to go.

jessica maria said...

dark blue dark blue have you ever been alone in a crowded rooooooooom


i <3 jack's and something corporate and andrew m. may have been the nicest person i've EVER met.

sounds like a good show!

Kristen said...

Ha
Liz - duh of course ever since I got new pretty camera I take too many photos. Providence is ALWAYS super skeezy. I was surprised to see my tires still on when I arrive at my car. They should have had it where we saw NFG 4-5 years ago.

Jessica - I met Andrew once in Montreal in 2002. I think I might have cried a little. Then he hugged me and I made fun of his shoes. Queen of awkward. But I agree he is sweet and amazing. I was really a Jack's mann non believer but once I got everything in transit I was hooked. The new ep is rad. Excellent show it definitely was!!