Friday, July 11, 2008



Updates galore:
  • Saw Wanted.  Really liked it.  Yeah the story was kind of retarded and Angelina looked like the kids from Rwanda she helps rescue; but that James McEvoy stole the show and it was overall visually pleasing.
  • Saw Wall-E which I adored and cried at the end.  Yep.  I did. So good.
  • Major stress city at work.  I don't know how to say no.  I feel like it's going to catch up to me.  I want to work my way up so badly and I want to prove myself and I think that I have to take on all tasks given to me.  Needless to say I worked till midnight last night at my house and I came into work at 7am this morning.  
  • Salt Lake City in three weeks.  Was excited.  Not so much anymore.
  • There is a mother-effing CHIPOTLE in the South Shore Plaza.  Yeah I cheated on my diet last weekend.
Saw my favorite band in the world Alkaline Trio last night. I have had very bad luck seeing Alkaline Trio in the past so I wasn't going to let anyone come in my way.  I even watched HALF of an opening band (OMG - couldn't take it anymore so RC and I went and sat near the bathrooms and played a very juvenile game).
Saw my unofficial little brother Johnny and Kelsey and I was superrr excited.  Alkaline Trio came out and were amazing.  It's criminal to look as good as Matt Skiba.


Ok so they're the same picture pretty much.  Whatev.

Only problem I had with the show is that the set list was AWFUL.  Blue Carolina SAVED it. Two songs from Good Mourning, one from Crimson (!!!!!), two from remains, like 7 new songs and then some old classics.  I made my own set list Friday and it went like this for the record:

My Standard Break from Life
Blue Carolina
Emma
Radio
Continental
Blue in the Face
Jaked on Green Beers
Queen of Pain
Mercy Me
Sadie
In Vein
Calling all Skeletons

Burn
All On Black
This Could Be Love
Help Me

I’m Dying Tomorrow
Stupid Kid

Highlighed the ones the actually played.  Eh.  I guess Skiba missed my email.

Saturday went to Nikki's for a party where I played the wonderful game of Baggo.  Interesting game and if you're bad (like i was) the game WILL go on for over an hour.  During the day Jess, Hill and I went to the beach and it was nice.  I was HUNGOVER like no ones business and ate a bagel.  So bad.  Got burnt and when I was playing said game at Nikki's the guy I was playing with kept slapping my back really hard lol.

Friday night I was OVER work so I decided to drink.  Alot.  I had three dirty martinis, three glasses of wine and then a beer!  What was I thinking.  It was me and Pat's bender we decided.  Needless to say we were the only NON drinkers the night after.  Never drinking again.  

Work is going to suck this week.  I can tell.

xo

3 comments:

jessica maria said...

I would LOVE to hear Jaked on Green Beers live...eeeee! The idea makes me happy.

kassie! said...

OH man was the setlist that bad? I might have to go to this show by myself and I don't want to be disappointed! haha

Kristen said...

Ugh I WISH WISH WISH they played Jaked on Green Beers. Seriously it would have been the best ender.

Yes the set list was a bummer. Lots of new stuff random old stuff and NOTHING from the middles. Such a letdown. But Blue Carolina and them being my favorite band redeems it.