Wednesday, June 04, 2008

So I know I have been wicked neglectful of this blog here but I just haven't had anything to blog about.
Well lie.  Denver was fun and totally not what I expected Denver to look like.  It felt like a resort  the place we were at.  Well it kind of was but it was just nice.  Felt like Florida at all times.
However the reason I post today is because Pat and  I went to see the Raconteurs last night and they were amazing.  Seriously amazing.  They are only that super super super short list of bands that are just 1 million times better live than you'd ever imagine (for the record other bands already on the list are the now defunct Hot Rod Circuit, Linkin Park *whateverrr* and Motion City Soundtrack).  One of those bands that when you go to listen to the album the next day you're like "Nah.  I can't." because you just can't.  It won't come close to how the song sounded live.  I could count 4 or 5 times during the show when I'm like I can't believe how many times I've skipped this song!  Example:  Old Enough, You Don't Understand Me, Blue Viens, Store Bought Bones.  Well fact I did LOVE store bought bones but they mixed it up, slowed it down and killed it.  Really I can't stop listening today.
We got a quick dinner before hand and headed in to the show.  Love Bank of America Pavillion also.  Best venue in Boston for sure.  I don't think it could ever be hot there because of the sea breeze and the back drop of the Boston skyline ain't so bad either.  
Ok totally can't see it.  But you get the gist.  So nice.  I would definitely go to a show there again.  We sat in the back where the cocktail tables are and to our surprise we had a reserved table.
Ok so all the tables we're reserved but w/e.  We felt special.  Some guy sat with us for a while and he was carrying around this weird tube.  We were convinced there was a gun in it - so we were confident that after we chatted him up about Mexican, photo booths and other mindless chatter - he would spare us.  We have very active imaginations.
Oh one more fun fact.  Jack White is NOT the lead singer.
The guy next to him in that picture is.  So weird.  I was like "Hey Jack White lost weight - and looks kind of hot" and Pat's like "That's not Jack White" Me: "Why is he singing!?"  So dumb.  The real singer actually looks like the lead singer of The Darkness.  Who BTW = not hot.

Must get back to work.  I still have the new album on my machine so if anyone wants it let me  know:)

No comments: