Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Movie, Album and TV Show of the Week (month?)
The Darjeeling Limited.
I could probably go on and on about all the fantastic things about this movie and all the great lines ("Look at those assholes" "I love you but I'm going to mace you in the face") but you should probably see it for yourself.
Fact or fiction: Hotel Chevalier? Was it shown in theatres?  Not because of the nudez but I could have sworn it was released online as a prequel after the movie came out.
Coconut Records
I got this album last summer-ish and I guess you can tie my recent love affair with it to The Darjeeling Limited because I remembered how much I LOVE Jason Schwartzman.  This album is fabulous because, Zooey Dechanel is on it, Robert Schwartzman  is too and um West Coast is California Pt 2.  Great great album.  It crushed my heart a little to know that JS says he most likely will never tour (lame) but I have hope.         


30 rock
No show since Sex and the City has made me want to move back to New York like 30 Rock has.  Maybe because they show my fav New York City deli Citi 75 (the ONLY place that carries my favorite black cherry soda in the diet variety and pretty much the best egg salad sandwich NYC can offer) or maybe because everything Liz Lemon says I can totally relate with.  1.  When she talks about Floyd and all the reasons he "gets" her.  2.  When she tells Floyd all the weird things about her. 3.  The singing of Annie tunes in the office. No comment.  And like 600 others.  It is quite amazing.  She is my kind of cynical and I love her.  Pat says she's filming a movie in Boston and I will find her and ask her to be my friend, Tina Fey that is. I am going to miss it for the summer.  


 
I leave you with the Brothers Schwartzman.  

2 comments:

Lizzy said...

Oh lord, it's my favorite Rooney member who likes to pretend he isn't a Schwartzman.

Kristen said...

hha I know right!!! I think he is an official Schwartzman now!! Maybe.