Sunday, April 13, 2008

Had a great weekend!

After a crazy week  at work my boss tells me that she has 4 possible tickets to the Red Sox game because her husband and her weren't using their season tickets!  Um OK! Red Sox VS Yankees!! Getting to BOO A-Rod in person is amazing.   So I ended up getting all 4 tickets.  My mom and I took two and I gave the other two to Hillary and John. When we got there we couldn't find the seats.  They were right field box sec 8 so we walked to Sec 8 and the guy was like Oh you guys are WAY off.  He brings us pretty much down to the field to our seats - 4 rows from the field! We were like 6 feet from the Pesky Pole.



Not great pics but you get it.  I forgot my camera! I had like 5.3 seconds to get home change into some Red Sox gear, still run to FedEx and get to the T.  SO bummed.  I believe Hillary took some good pics!

It was supposed rain really bad but actually turned out not being so bad.  It rained on and off for the first hour and then stopped.  When we walked out of the T at Braintree to go home it was just downpouring! So thank you rain.

Funny story.  We decide we all want to use the bathroom/get some ice cream/get some beer so we leave our seats.  We come back 10 or so minutes later and Hillary is like "I think those people just got engaged" pointing to the young couple in front of us - Red Sox Girl, Yankees Boy.  Yeah.  I look at her ring and it's nothing special so I'm like "How do you know?!?".  Finally the girl YELLS into her phone "I'm engaged!  He did it on the jumbo tron".  Are you serious! BEST way to get engaged EVER.  Amazing.

Five minutes later another couple gets engaged.

We lost the game.  Boo.  Damn Yankees.

Saturday was also supposed to be a washout but it ended up being like 75 degrees! Amazing.  However Jess, Hill, John and I went to the movies to see 21.  John and Hillary had Lux Level upgrades.  It's really cool you sit at the top of the movie theatre in these amazing seats with so much room and you can order all these great foods and drinks.  I got chicken with peanut sauce and a really bad martini.  The movie was good.  Made me really want to go back to Vegas soon!  Also makes me want to count cards.  I think I could try.  Despite being AWFUL at math. 

Made dinner at Hills and rented some more movies later.  Watched Walk hard which I loved!  We watched trailers on the Walk Hard DVD and saw a preview for Southland Tales which we decided we had to go out and rent right there and then.  Written by the same guy who wrote Donnie Darko, Richard Kelly, Southland Tales had an INSANE cast and a confusing story line - JUST like Donnie Darko.  Funny.  We didn't get it, it was too long and Pat kept calling Sean William Scott, Michael Scott McMurray.  Overall though it had good intentions.  Apparently it has a graphic novel background.  Justin Timberlake was in it and I just found the BEST scene he was in on YouTube.  Enjoy.



Totally listened to the Killers on my way home.

2 comments:

jessica maria said...

so jealous you got to go to a yanks vs. sox game!!!! even if the sox lost. watching tonight's game right now :)

Kristen said...

Yay a fellow red sox fan!

It was so awesome. However I was sad Johnny Damon didn't play. I wanted to boo him!

At least we won last night and tonight! WOO!