Friday, March 28, 2008

Without going into ridiculous detail, the company I work for makes you do these educational courses called "Headrush".  You have to do 100 points within the year and you get $2500 of money you can use ie. go to Social Media, PR conventions or even take a course at a college.

Anywho I did my first one yesterday and it was kind of an Agency Economics.  So I listened and what not and then this homework is passed around via email that we have to do! FULL OF MATH.  If this company makes this much how much should should be alloted to direct salary and if two people leave and new business totals $300,000 how many more employees can they hire.

Ok Hi I got a D in problem solving freshman year in college.   This is why I went into PR so I would NEVER have to do math.  I don't know how I got put in charge of sending in a submission for the Boston office but I did.  I called every smart kid I knew and no luck.  So... I took out my phone and started doing calculations.  

An hour and a half later I come up with this mumb0-jumbo that LOOKS smart but probably isn't. Send it to the President of the Company.  Wait.

Flash forward till this morning.  I come in and my co-workers are like HEY! Way to go with that submission.  We were the ONLY remote office to get it right! GOT IT RIGHT!!! And I got a nice little email back from the pres.  

Nerd card today.

This whole week has been a good work and tonight Robyn and I are going to good ole Worcester to see Say Anything.  So excited!  Haven't seen them since before Max went to the crazy house.  

Then tomorrow Jimmy's birthday bash which I'm also really excited by.

I leave you with my favorite Grey's Anatomy clip.  Kind of goes with how I've felt about this week.




3 comments:

jessica maria said...

Oh geez, I'm awful at math too. But that's AWESOME that you got it right. I am like sitting here happy FOR YOU because I was thinking of myself in that situation (crumple to floor, play dead) adn felt relief when you said all was right. Yay!

Kristen said...

Thanks!
I seriously stared at the send now button for like 10 mins before sending it off. So awful. I procrastinated. I went to check mail (snail and e), got some coffee, said hello to some friends.

The next course I'm taking is on Social Media and Blogging - which I have a feeling I'll be way better with!

Kristen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.