Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Lots of good stuff going on just very little time to actually blog about it.

Travelled last week to Minneapolis for work party and other good things.  The company I work for is very cool.  Their proper "Holiday Party" is actually St Patricks Day themed in March and includes beer, donuts and bagels in the am.  Literally 9 am I go to get myself a bagel and there is a line at the beer.  The reason we were out there is because if you're new you have to perform in the talent show.  O'Gong show as it is called.  Much like the Gong Show in the 80's you perform until you get gonged.  Mike, Lori and I decided to be hula hooping cowboys.  We really didn't think we'd make it through the first few notes of "Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy" - but we did.  We were begging to be gonged - and finally about 2 minutes in it ended.  So fun though.  B's team won second place with their rendition of Welcome to The Jungle complete with brooms as guitars and pens as drum sticks.  They looked great.  After the show we were whisked away to the airport to make our way back to Beantown.  I had of a lot of  and got to meet a lot more people that I missed in January when I visited.

Saturday night we attempted to celebrate St Patricks Day early so we went to the brew house and enjoyed some Magners and themed drinks.  What I love about the Brew House is there is a jukebox.  Well not an old school one obvs but one of those fancy ones you can put your credit card in (which didn't work).  I don't have to listen to crappy music (unless someone plays it).  Anywho one of the guys in there looked like a super music snob so he was totally challenging us.  Hillary played SOS by Jonas Brothers and seriously we sang so loud and laughed so hard.  This guy looked like he absolutely wanted to murder us.  So he goes and spends like forever trying to pick some new songs.  As soon as he's done Hillary gives me some money so I can go trump him.  I find  Foo Fighters "Hey Johnny Park" and it gives you the option to play it or PLAY NEXT - which in turn means interrupting the previous persons song choices.  So I do it.  It comes on and he's like WTF and throws his arms up.  Seriously though he'd JUST played "One by One" by the Foo and now he's all mad that I'm playing a better song from a better album (The Colour and the Shape FTWWWWW).  He wasn't pleased.

After the Brewhouse we went to Annies (who JUST GOT ENGAGED!!!!  Damn should have taken a picture of the ring for my blog) to check the ring out and say hello.  Yes Annie and James just got engaged and I'm so excited!!! Robyn on the other hand is not.  She is sad because she thought she'd be next.  Sorry Crickett.
[Disclaimer: Robyn is really happy for Annie.  I just like to pick on her for it]

But yeah October 2009 Annie will be Mrs Fernandez and I will be 27!  Congratsss guys!

Sunday Robyn and I went into Boston to see  Funny Games (as previously mentioned).  I read a few more reviews about it and I think I like it a little bit more.  We also walked around town and made fun of people.  We're 13.

Last night for St Patricks Day Jess, Hill, John, Robyn and I went out to the Half Door for some celebrations.   God I have been drinking so much in the past two weeks.  I think I'm going to take a drinking sabbatical.

Work is going good. Last few weeks have been crazy.  I have days where I just want to cry because NOTHING is going right but then I have days where I just feel like on top of the world.  I just officially joined a new account team today so I'm super excited about it.  Can't wait to get my hands on new stuff.

Lauren moves back to NYC next week and it's really struck a cord in my head.  I really miss New York.  I feel like something is pulling me back there.  Like I'd miss a few friends like crazy and I'd miss my mom but sometimes I feel like the odd girl out here.  Everyones getting engaged and married and it's like where do I fit in?  I don't know. Just a thought.  I mean I do need to find a man so I can beat Robyn down the aisle (I kid I kid).

Back to work!

xo

No comments: