Monday, March 10, 2008

So I just watched this movie called Lollilove.
.

I absolutely adore Jenna Fischer and I was told that this move is a must see for Jenna fans.

So I ordered it off of Amazon and just watched it.  Fantastic.  It's pretty much a mockumentary directed/written by Jenna (and she's also in it) about rich people who self centered-ly (word?) give to charities just to make themselves feel important. I mean I guess everyone feels a little lighter when they donate to charity but the inspiration for this film are the people who go to benefits, fundraisers that cost $1,500.  But in actuality that money pays for the event - and does not go to charity.  Advertisers pay the benefit so these rich people can see their brands/stores etc while enjoying their overpriced dinner.

 So Jenna and her real life husband star as this self centered couple - she's a bitch and he's crazy OCD germ a phobe.  They write all these charities down that they'd like to give to which is hilarious in itself and decide that homeless people need help the most.  They call their charity LolliLove  So they make these Lolli-pops with inspirational phrases on the outside and hand them out to homeless people.  But what happens before they reach out to the homeless is just genious.  Jenna Fischer and James Gunn work ridiculously well together.  They just bounce right off one another. 

Makes me really want to make a short film.  They had a crew of like 3 people and a handheld camera. I mean clearly she's Jenna Fischer and she has celeb friends (Linda Cardelinni, Jason Segal, Judy Greer) that make funny cameos but wouldn't it be fun to just say you've made a short film.   Especially a mockumentary.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm working on a short film. It's going to be about penis fishes. Perhaps you've heard of it?

Kristen said...

Perhaps I have.
I hear you have an all-star cast lined up!