Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Woo!  Welcome to the first blog post from my new MacBook Pro!

I have finally saved up enough money from my freelancing job to buy a new Mac.  I don't know how I lasted so long without a computer of my own.  It was ok using my mom's when she was on vaca.  But super lame.

I was going to get the same computer I'd had (white MacBook) but I decided after much deliberation (yes I took it as seriously as America's Next Top Model) I opted on the MacBook Pro.  I love it.  LOVE IT.

Had a busy weekend.  Friday night I went out for John's birthday to the Abington Ale House.  So SO many people that I hadn't seen in a while (Andrea and Josh!!) and it was a good time.  I kept telling myself that I had to go home to cook (for Annie's bridal shower the next morning) and I couldn't stay out late.  Of course that didn't happen.  After AAH Gary talked me into going with him to Bella's in Rockland to meet a friend of ours.  Fun times were had and more drinks were drank.  Nicole's friend Kim made us "special" drinks and I swear they were on a time release.  I drank it and didn't feel it until I got home and got into bed.  Going to bed with the spins = not a good time.  

Annie's bridal shower was amazing.  She got awesome gifts and she enjoyed herself.  We ended up renting a hall for cheap and bringing/making all the food.  I probably would not do that again. But hey half of us are jobless so it worked well.  It was just a lot of work.  After I helped Annie and James bring all their new presents home I went back to the apt.  

I got like two hours of sleep the night before because I stayed up feeling sick most of the night so I wanted to pass out.  But I was going to see Incubus with Missy and some of her friends.  We had a great time and Incubus exceeded my expectations big time.  

Sunday was Nicole's wedding shower where I had a blassst!  I won the center piece and it's gorg.  Also the favors were these mini shakers full of hershey's kisses.  So cute.  Later that night I headed to Annie's to help her address her wedding invitations.  Needless to say I'm wedding-ed out.  

This weekend I have Nicole's Bachelorette which should be fun.  I hope she gets a stripper.

xok

3 comments:

jessica maria said...

WOO HOO!!!!! Getting a new computer = THE BEST.

Kristen said...

It totalllly is. I'm treating it like a pet I swear!

rachaelgking said...

Gah, I would kill for a Mac! Congrats.

Pee ess I'm going to be in Boston on Friday... :-)