Monday, August 10, 2009


Whattt a weekend!  Friday I went to the beach with my friend Jen, her sister Julie and their crazy cousin Andrew.  Fun was had and I finally went into the ocean for the first time this summer.  It's finally tolerable (but only after like 10 minutes of feeling frostbitten).  We had a grand time.  Their cousin was only 16 but whooped it up with us anyways.  We went to a fancy ice cream parlour in Duxbury and acted inappropriate and all the housewives were throwing us dirty looks.

I met the gang at Chili's for dinner.  It was lovely.  I met Pat, Jen and her husband Justin after at the Cabbyshack in Plymouth and more fun was had.  I drank more and laughed at people.  There was an old lady who was dancing but she looked like a fake old lady - kind of like the old Six Flags guy.  I enjoy that place a lot.  Plymouth used to be so lame but it's totally the summer version of Quincy but still fun.  Every outside bar looks out into the ocean and if you're lucky you'll see a fake palm tree.  I tried taking pictures but it did not work.

Saturday I went back down to the southern parts to float around with Pat in his sweet ass pool.  We floated, drank and talked crap about people and repeat.  Oh and this happened.

Pat tried to get in with style and grace but ended up going for a fall.  The typical hammock snafu.  Don't worry he was ok - I checked before I told him to not move so I could take a picture.  Twas funny.  Thanks for letting me put this on the internet for all to see.

I had to haul ass back to Abington so I could hit the supermarket for my guac ingredients for Nicole's Bachelorette party.  She already had one in Ft Lauderdale so this was one was going to be apps, alcohol and silly games.  Jen and I got there about 7.  The bride was late  so we chatted with her sisters and her mom and her awesome bridesmaids.  We played pin the macho on the man (the mans face was Ron's - her fiance so we all had a good laugh).  We all got to pick certain "units" as the package (no pun intended) instructed.  I've always been a fan of eggs and bacon.

(Don't mind my sloppy nails).  I did not win the contest.  I placed the eggs and bacon no where near goods.

We chatted a bit more and decided to go to Blue 22 - a nice little place in Quincy Center.  The Local Locals (can't find a site for them but they're really really good) were playing and they were nice enough to buy us all shots - they called it the Local Local shot and it tasted something like a grape crush.  Twas yummy.  Nice little bar.  Not too crowded - it was literally the band, the bachelorette party and the people who worked there.  Of course I took a ton of pictures.

Mrs Ewell and myself.  I've known Jen the least amount of time out of all of my girlfriends but I swear we must have known each other in a previous life.  We're such kindred spirits and are constantly finishing each others sentences and laughing till our faces are red.  I adore this girl and her awesome husband (who has my dead MacBook in his work room in 1 million little pieces - sad).

Anywhosit.  We went back to Jill's sweet townhouse and gabbed till about 330 when we decided it was probably time to go home (and ok for us to drive lol).

I woke up the next day to an text from Pat requesting my presence for pooling and boozing.  I wasn't feeling much up to booze but I did so anyways.  Nikki also joined and we had a grand old time.  Nikki confirmed some suspicions I had about certain people - but there is so much good shit in this blog I will not bring it down my negative people.  Pat cooked and it twas good.  His roommate and his family came over and more fun was had - and this happened.

Pat just started slinking off his chair.  

Speaking of Pat - he linked me tonight to his infamous blurty for an example of why he does NOT like the beach and I got caught up in reading 4 years of Pat madness.  I've read them before but they're funny every single time.  I'm begging him to publish them ala I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell.  Checcck it.

I'm going to quit drinking till the weekend.

2 comments:

rachaelgking said...

Ohhh, I am so making B "penis breakfast" this weekend! Hilarious! :-)

Kristen said...

HAHA You have to! PS I'm going to message you about your Boston trip!