Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I can't believe the summer is almost over.  It was definitely a good one.  Even though I was mostly jobless - it was probably one of the best summers I have had in a while.  I got to take a lot of beach days and got to hang out with my favorite people every weekend.  

I am however pretty glad to see the Fall come.  It holds my birthday and some weddings I'm looking forward to.  Speaking of weddings I picked up my bridesmaids dress last weekend from the bridal shop.  I loved it when we picked it out and I love it even more now.  

When they sized me I went a size down than they recommended because it always lights a fire under my ass.  I did good for a while but for the past few weeks I've kind of fell off the wagon.  To my surprise the dress is still too big!  Weee.  I'm definitely not going to pay to get it altered so I'm going to use some safety pins and "Tim Gunn it" and make it work.  I'm so crafty.  And who's going to be taking pictures of my back.

The same night I picked my dress up P. Dunn and I went to this place called the Waterclub for one of his friends birthdays.  Seriously don't look at the site it's misleading.  All I have heard is that it's douche bag central and boy was I right.  We walked around Marina Bay for a bit searching for an ATM.  When we walked by we both kind of looked at each other and said "I don't think I want to go in."  But alas we went against our better judgement and went in.  No more than 20 minutes in we decided to peaceee out.    Think of Ed Hardy just throwing up everywhere and that's it.  Lame.  We left and had to run back to the car cause it was all of a sudden like a stage 4 hurricane outside.  Eff you Bob.

Today I had to go into Boston to appeal the surcharge to my insurance after the accident.  Even though it appeared to be my fault I stood by the fact that I would have had plenty of time to stop as I was far away from the car and going way under the speed limit, but the snow made it impossible.  I think it went really well.  After my recorded interview with the attorney for the state, he looked at me and was like I can't say on record until the letter goes out but this will be cleared up and not to worry.  

So I decided to shop around while I had a whole day in Boston to myself.  Newbury Street is ALWAYS bad news for me and Marc by Marc Jacobs is even worse.  After spending forever in there talking to the wicked awesome sales dude I left with this gorgeous lady:


Except for it's purple instead of pink but the M by MJ website didn't have an image of the purple.  So. cute. Also left with a cute purple change purse.  I like it.  A lot. 

Also bought two new books: Dead After Dark the first novel of the Sookie Stackhouse series (I LOVE TRUE BLOOD) and Sloppy Firsts which I have been hearing nothing but good things about.

Word.

xok

2 comments:

Lizzy said...

Cute bag!

I hope you love the Sookie Stackhouse books as much as I do. They're a bit different from the series, so there may be some surprises for you.

jessica maria said...

Bag is awesome!!

I loooove Sloppy Firsts!!! Ugh, so good. The series doesn't stay so great (but the 1st & 2nd are superb) but I love it. I need to read the Sookie Stackhouse books, too ---- I'm obsessed wtih True Blood!