Friday, August 21, 2009

So I just got back from seeing maybe my new favorite movie of all time.

(500) Days of Summer

Incredible.  And the soundtrack is just as equally awesome.  I actually went and saw it by myself, something I've recently realized I have to get used to if I like random movies.  And I'm not working freelance right now so I have my days free.

Anywho. I LOVE this movie.  LOVE it.  It had all the makings of a great movie.  Great cast (my love Matthew Gray Gubler from Criminal Minds - Fig 1 see below), amazing music and a good story.  I don't want to giveaway too much but right after I left the theatre I decided I hated the ending.  But then after thinking about it - I realized how good it was.  How much sense it made and how it pulled the movie all together.  The whole movie just made me smile.  Even the sad parts.  And I love love love the music (email me at KZemeitus@gmail.com if you want me to send it to you).  I listened to the soundtrack to and from the theatre and it made me super psyched.

Fig 1. My love Matthew Gray Gubler aka Paul aka Reid in Criminal Minds (and apparently the voice of Simon from Alvin and the Chipmunks).   He plays Tom's (Joseph Gordon Levitts character) friend in the movie.  Obsessed.  I first laid my eyes on him when my roommate got me into Criminal Minds.  Ready to see this movie again - esp for him.

And just so you know - I believe every movie now needs a choreographed dance sequence to Hall and Oates:
Oh and kareoke to the Pixies - this movie COULDN'T get any better.  

Long story short - who wants to come with me when I see it again!?

xok

3 comments:

Lizzy said...

I'm interested in the soundtrack if you have it...

Can't wait to see the movie as well.

rachaelgking said...

All right, that settles it. I've heard nothing but amazing things... I must see it!

Kristen said...

You. Will. love. it. Seriously I'm already thinking of seeing it again.