Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Seriously.  How crappy is my luck this year..






My poor car.  Yesterday I was on the way home from the gym and I had a lovely little day planned.  But some tool had to plow his car right into mine.  I was driving on the road and he was pulling out of the parking lot at this auto place in Quincy.  His excuse “Oh I didn’t even see your car coming.  It’s so small.”  Really?  I wasn’t going very fast but he still ripped off the whole front bumper of my car.  Little sad seeing as that bumper is only just about 6 months old from the last time someone decided to crash into me.
Just one more thing to pile on me right now.  I went on one interview a few weeks ago.  Two actually for the same job but they had "decided to go with someone else."  Which is fine but they kept me hanging forever.  I just feel like I'm getting nowhere on the job front.  I have so much great experience but it means nothing.
I'm really debating moving after my lease runs out in May.  I just feel like there are no jobs in Boston for what I really want to do.  I don't want to settle.  But then I feel like I shouldn't be so picky.  It's a double edged sword this  career thing I swear.  
I've been trying to check out new music and take chances on random bands and it's definitely making me nostalgic of my college days.  I just recently downloaded a good bulk of music by Manchester Orchestra and Kevin Devine and also giving Straylight Run a second chance.  I adored Straylight when they first came out with their demos.  Being a fan of John Nolan I was overly excited about them.  His vocals, I think made Taking Back Sunday (circa Tell All Your Friends - that's the only album he's on).  I could barely stomach TBS with Fred or the new guy (who sounds and looks like a JoBro).  
Anywho - I saw Straylight at their first show at the Downtown (RIP) and before their album came out a few times and they were amazing.  Then when their album came out and they went on tour it was totally different.  The music became so downer-like and the album was so overproduced.  But I've gotten a hold of their albums after that and even the most recent without Michelle and it's surprisingly good and reminiscent of their demos.  
So yeah.  Music has literally been my best friend these days.  I just feel out of touch with a lot of things lately, but thats the one thing that's made me super happy.
Only good news next time I promise.


xok

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love that damn civic.