Monday, November 30, 2009



Brand New’s Homecoming Show was incredible Saturday night.  Kevin Devine was on first and he was really good.  I’ve only seen him acoustic playing with Jesse so it was so exciting seeing him with a full band.
Got the low-down on the acoustic stage (which was a large part of why I really wanted to go to this show - shh) and headed down to catch Vinnie Caruana’s set and Andy Jackson’s set.  After years and years of enjoying Vinnie's music in The Movielife and I Am The Avalanche I finally got to meet him after his set.  He was a super nice guy as I expected.  Apparently I started dancing a little while we were talking *nervous tick*  and totally made an ass of myself (Robyn and Heather said I played it cool - I have my doubts).

We found the super secret VIP bar and camped out there until it was Glassjaw time.  We didn’t get to see Manchester Orchestra or Thrice unfortunately because we were downstairs but we heard they were awesome.
Glassjaw KILLED it last night.  Even more than in Boston.  Seriously.  They lit that place up.  Besides people in the pit and a few people in our section no one was really getting into it.  People were like OMG how can you hear what he’s saying??  Why is he yelling? Ugh. Again, Daryl is the coolest guy I’ve ever known and continues to blow my mind. This was their set list.
Tip Your Bartender
Mu Empire
New Song
Ape Dos Mil
The Gillette Cavalcade of Sports
(You Think You’re) John Fucking Lennon
Pink Roses
Siberian Kiss
Epic.  I could watch them all night.  Brand New time.



Those above pictures are not mine obvi but I love them.  Credit goes to the lovely Aviram/Lerner Photography.
BN came on at around 9:10
  • Welcome to Bangkok
  • Sink
  • Degausser
  • You Won’t Know
  • Ok I Believe you, but my Tommy Gun Don’t
  • Sic Transit Gloria
  • Limousine
  • Vices
  • Gasoline
  • Sowing Season
  • You Stole
  • Luca
  • Archers
  • Jesus Christ
  • Bought a Bride
  • At the Bottom
  • Play Crack the Sky
  • 70x7
People are bitching hardcore about their setlist and how there is only one from Your Favorite Weapon.  But honestly if you don’t know Brand New by now you never will.  Sometimes they even change the setlist as they are up there (Jude Law and Quiet Things were on the original setlist - sorry!).  I don’t know if it’s just because I have such a connection with BN but every time I see them live it’s 100% different than the last time.  I’m always so excited to hear a song even if I’ve seen it played live 60 times.  Jesse mixes shit up to catch people off guard and that’s one thing I’ve always appreciated about BN.
I had such anxiety about seeing them perform in such a big arena but I really don’t think they have ever sounded better.  Every time I see them on this tour I start to love this new album more and more.
The rest of the night was epic.  I have no idea why I’m not sleeping right now

No comments: